The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unauthorised insurance deductions from Caja Rural bank account

5 posters

Go down

Unauthorised insurance deductions from Caja Rural bank account Empty Unauthorised insurance deductions from Caja Rural bank account

Post by Tim Cullis Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:12 am

Last year our Caja Rural bank account was debited with two amounts of just over 60€ marked "RCBO.SEG. GENERAL RURAL (CIF A78524999)" (number changed slightly). I wasn't aware of this as I was in the UK and had managed to lock myself out of the bank account. By the time we had access again, two or three months had passed and the bank refused to refund the amount.

The bank has not given any paperwork regarding the deduction but I understand from someone else that this is some form of insurance for repatriation should we die overseas. However, our Spanish property is a holiday home and we are fully covered with the medical section of our travel insurance and don't need any insurance through the bank.

So I wrote to the bank stating that we didn't require insurance. Nevertheless they deducted it again this year. I have written to them asking for a refund and my email has been ignored.

Has anyone else had this type of problem and what was the resolution?

Tim
Tim Cullis
Tim Cullis

Back to top Go down

Unauthorised insurance deductions from Caja Rural bank account Empty Re: Unauthorised insurance deductions from Caja Rural bank account

Post by miron Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:16 pm

There must be a way to stop this! Have you contacted the manager of your local branch directly? How can they charge you for something you've not signed up to?
My only experience has been of opening a savings account without realising that extra bank charges would be levied. When I went into the branch the manager refunded most the charges.
Hope you get this sorted out soon!

miron

Back to top Go down

Unauthorised insurance deductions from Caja Rural bank account Empty Re: Unauthorised insurance deductions from Caja Rural bank account

Post by Dave Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:44 pm

Exactly the same has happened to my daughter through the Galera branch!
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Cullis Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:37 pm

As I posted on the other thread on this subject I was able to get the insurance refunded. My account is also with the Galera branch so I wonder if they have been somewhat 'enthusiastic' about charging this!
Tim Cullis
Tim Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:38 pm

I went to see the women there last week. In addition to saying that it cant be refunded, se claimed that she cant except any letters until a month before its renewal next year.
Shes certainly going to get at least one letter.
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Interestingly she claimed that we cant email either the bank or the insurance company direct.
Should we be smelling a rat?
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Unauthorised insurance deductions from Caja Rural bank account Empty Caja Rural Galera 'obligatory' insurance

Post by OzziePom Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:13 am

Has anyone been able to find out what this insurance covers? We were told this was 'obligatory' insurance for foreigners. Surely if it's only for foreigners they should provide the policy details in English ?

OzziePom

Back to top Go down

Post by Him & Her Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:11 pm

OzziePom wrote:Has anyone been able to find out what this insurance covers? We were told this was 'obligatory' insurance for foreigners. Surely if it's only for foreigners they should provide the policy details in English ?

I have already posted on this, we have been charged for a funeral plan, I rang in our case DKV and was told we have a funeral plan worth €3600 each upon our deaths, we were about to start looking into a plan and it would have been good to know we were already covered, I went to see Sean at SIP who subsequently went to see the Bank manager who said it was a head office order, I have posted the reply from Sean (with his permission) on the other thread Caja Rural charges. Our paperwork was at SIP office and we have been told we can cancel just before the renewal date, although I have requested an earlier cancellation as I would like to look at other quotes especially with Avalon and am waiting to hear. Actually it's not a bad plan it just would have been great to know about it !!!!!
Him & Her
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down