The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog show/ Summer fayre 22nd July - calling for help and support

+3
Dave
pebbles
cavern
7 posters

Go down

Dog show/ Summer fayre 22nd July  - calling for help and support  Empty Dog show/ Summer fayre 22nd July - calling for help and support

Post by cavern Fri May 25, 2012 11:08 am

It is now official after mucho debate and keeping it in mind that dogs need shade and spoilt ones air con that our summer fayre will be in the Pabellon De ferias ( better known as the horse show place ) on the Benamaurel road, on the Sunday the 8th July. NOW BEEN CHANGED TO 22ND JULY !!!!!!!!

As you can imagine this is a daunting task as it is HUGE !!!! affraid and although we have a few proffesional Artisan and produce people already willing to have a stall on the basis of a donation to El Capricho we are still looking for more to help to fill the space, I am in the process of collecting email addresses from anybody who maybe interested so if you could email on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I will send out details in approx a weeks time.

Although it will be lovely to have the support from stall holders we also need to have as many El Capricho stalls there as possible, this is primarily to raise funds for the future construction work at the refuge. for this we need as many volunteers as possible - if we can get the stalls manned we have in mind the following ....

El Capricho stall ( covered )
Dog show ( covered )
Raffle
tombola
cakes and sweets
arts and crafts ( covered )
plants and gardening
lucky dip
toys and childrens clothes
quality adult clothes
face painting
bouncey castle
bbq and bar
Tea and coffee
floaters

there will also be music which we are working on at the moment .... I am of course hoping , after twisting their arms months ago " the Howlers " will be making an appearance , if they can fit it into their busy Antiplano tour Wink

I know a VERY TALL ORDER !!!!!!! but for all those taking part it should be a really fun day bounce bounce bounce
Anybody who is willing to volunteer to help man these stalls if you could PM me, we would be sooooooooooooooo grateful. Also if you have any other ideas on ways to help we would be very interested in discussing them .

We will be going around as many areas as possible with both flyers and posters for shops / bars etc and both English and Spanish newspapers will be promoting it as well as local radio stations.

Last edited by cavern on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Dog show/ Summer fayre 22nd July  - calling for help and support  Empty Re: Dog show/ Summer fayre 22nd July - calling for help and support

Post by pebbles Fri May 25, 2012 1:57 pm

When you have some leaflets/flyers let me know and I can cover Castillejar/Cortijo del Cura area for you

Kate x
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Dog show/ Summer fayre 22nd July  - calling for help and support  Empty Re: Dog show/ Summer fayre 22nd July - calling for help and support

Post by Dave Fri May 25, 2012 2:26 pm

pebbles wrote:When you have some leaflets/flyers let me know and I can cover Castillejar/Cortijo del Cura area for you

Kate x
Same here for Orce. Also pencil us in for manning a 'non skilled' stall / bar Very Happy
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Sorry to have to inform you that due to some old boys throwing their balls about ( commonly called a petanque competition) we have to change the date of the dog show / summer fayre to the Sunday 22nd JULY . I don't mind admitting we gutted about this as it means Clive and Leslie are no longer available to Judge the dog show Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad But the show must go on and we will be doing it with a few judges, if any of you would like to volunteer to cover one or two of the categories then please contact me.

The good news is though that things are really going well , we still have a few spaces left for the professional stalls. Mrs Shiny is doing a wonderful job of taking the booking for these but if you are interested in having one contact me ( if you haven't already done so ) and I will pass on the details. We have had a good response so far from volunteers but we do desperately need more. Some have contacted me over the past week and now I have this new date secure I will be replying in the new couple of days.

We are in the process of sorting out the timetable of the event and I will put it on here as soon as it is finalized after that flyer's and posters will be circulated to as many places as we can cover.

There are a few things that are going to be needed so if you think you can help it would be very much appreciated.

Old or new carrier bags as they are like gold dust nowadays
I have put a thread on the gardening section for cuttings / seedlings / plants etc for the gardening stall
tombola prizes
raffle prizes
car booty items for the El Cap stall
any Art or craft items for that stall
Home produce - jams / pickles / cakes etc
Oh and not forgetting dogs for the show Very Happy please note this is not just for purebreds and will be judged as such. Registration will be on the day, details will be available here and on all the flyers.
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:04 am

Just an Idea.When you get the flyers designed if you send the file to people with printers they can print as many as they can afford for local distribution. You would of course have to send in different formats and in A4. I can help with that if required.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:40 am

Gobiker56 wrote:Just an Idea.When you get the flyers designed if you send the file to people with printers they can print as many as they can afford for local distribution. You would of course have to send in different formats and in A4. I can help with that if required.

Thank you Gordon you are a star I love you but El Cap gets a good deal from the printers just down the road from the shelter, I think it is a sponsership deal, plus the fact we do need loads !!!!!!! going to try to cover all local markets nearer the time plus the car boot and posters in most towns bars etc. plus send to newspapers internet and paper types.
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:33 am

Today I have sent out group email to all the email addresses I have for volunteers - please if I haven't included you and you would like to be included please PM me and I will add you to the list .
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Last call out - well I think it is Wink even I am bored with me now Very Happy

We have had a couple of volunteers drop out on us , all for genuine can't be helped reasons. We just have about enough to cope but quite a few heroes have agreed to go through the whole day . Can I ask if you are attending and fancy helping some of the stalls out for a couple of hours, you only have to say and I will point you in the right direction Very Happy Don't worry I will not be asking anybody on the day , so you can come and not be hassled Wink

Also a call out for all the bakers amongst you if there is any chance you can whip a cake or cakes up and bring them on the day it will be more than appreciated by Jo's cafe ( all money goes to the refuge )

Lastly the plant stall , yeah Janaky and I had every intention of propagating a wonderful display of Chelsea flower show entries . Somehow it didn't happen we both ended up with dry withered sticks in plant pots. If you have been more sucessful after my call out a few months go , please bring them . flower

Oh No this is Lastly, please come to the event if you can, I can see it being a really fun day and we will be all in a celebratory mood after the news that this really is the start of the future for animal welfare in this area. Also we have been donated some amazing things for all the stalls , it will be well worth having a browse sunny

cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:22 am

They have been donated some great things. Ive seen the very generous donation from Orce Serano Hams. Some fabulous pottery, ham stands etc. Im sure there are some other very gererous donations too.
There are some very kind people out there. sunny
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am

Just to put an extra spring in our collective step, Elga has been adopted!!!! Our biggest dog with possibly the least chance of finding a home due to her liking for biting other dogs. cheers
musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Chuck will be jumping through hoops when I tell him! cheers
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesley Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Good news about Elga Very Happy
Lesley
Lesley

http://l.allington1@ntlworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spanishbliss Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:33 pm

hi there
what time do we need to be there tomorrow with our stall( jim and dawn) and can we have some directions please............... cheers

spanishbliss

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:42 pm

spanishbliss wrote:hi there
what time do we need to be there tomorrow with our stall( jim and dawn) and can we have some directions please............... cheers

Annie will be there from 8 am onwards to point you in the right direction of your pitch . Doors open to the public at 10 am, so just give yourself time to set up before 10am .

see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for photo's of the Pabellon .

Not sure which way you will be coming El Master of the roads is bathing the dog Razz but you need the Baza to Benamaurel road and it is just past the go karts place on the opposite side of the road . Huge place " Pabellon De Ferais " written on the side , follow the signs for the " mercado " for car parking .
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down