The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WATER BILL

+4
Cats-R-Us
Metaldunk
Gobiker56
turner
8 posters

Go down

WATER BILL Empty WATER BILL

Post by turner Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:31 pm

We have been billed for our water bill every two months.Spoke to my Spanish neighbour and she showed me her receipts for 3 monthly bills.Does anyone else receive bills bi monthly rather than quarterly?

turner

Back to top Go down

WATER BILL Empty Re: WATER BILL

Post by Gobiker56 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:41 am

My bill has always been three monthly. The last one was too, which is payable by the end of Feb so no change as far as I can see.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 am

every 3 months for us too Turner
Metaldunk
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:19 am

Our water bill is usually 4 times a year but has never been that consistent between number of months apart, sometimes even being consecutive months eg:
in 2008 it was February, April, May, then September - 4 times
in 2009 it was April, June, then November - 3 times
in 2010 it was January, April, July, October, then December - 5 times (obviously making up for 2009).
in 2011 it was April, June, October, then November - 4 times

Don't say it, I used to be an office administrator as part of my job and can't get out of the habit of keeping records.

Last edited by Cats-R-Us on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add last sentence)
Cats-R-Us
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:20 am

Hi ours has always been every 2 mths

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by turner Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks for your replies, I've looked again at the bills and although the dates are rather strange we don't seem to have paid a great deal more than our neighbours.
Cats-R-Us, I am similar in that I keep all of the paperwork even though hubby says it's hoarding.

turner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:34 pm

The price of the water is so little is it worth worrying about.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by turner Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Peter,
I'm pleased for you that you don't have to count the pennies, however we do and all I am trying to find out is if we are being billed correctly, I don't want to go to the Ayuntamiento and make a fuss if there isn't a need to.

turner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Well said Turner.

I too, like many people I know, count the cents. I keep all my paperwork. Currently I am receiving 3 monthly bills.
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:01 pm

It genuinely breaks my heart to hear that some people are genuinely struggling with life which there is no need for and other corrupt and greedy people walking away with millions and billions of loot. But for what it is worth I want to say I am sorry and we try to help as much as we can.
We went to the Ayuntamiento and said we wanted to pay for what we have; after three times we got a meter fitted the first bill was 68 euros we asked our friends with a similar to ourselves they the most theirs had ever been was 40 euros, they said our next bill would be 77 euros, so my wife put her Dutch clog in if you know what I mean. They said perhaps we had a leak so I did a check and took photos of the meter and proved them wrong. So they came and fitted a new meter. Now our bills come from Granada “5.27 Euros” I checked the water I believe it to be agriculture water PH 8.2 so we drink bottled water.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

WATER BILL Empty Water Bills

Post by turner Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Peter,
I understand now why you said it was so cheap, our bill is usually around 30 euros each time which isn't a lot compared to England but when I first spoke to my neighbour it seemed that we were paying more frequently than they were and I wondered if there was something wrong, however there doesn't seem to be much difference over the year so when I go to the Ayuntamiento to ask about it I will be very calm.

turner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:05 am

Our last 2 bills were for 30.21 euros and 28.41 euros in total but the figure includes the basura collection (11.27) and a fixed price for sewage (5.00) too. The potable water element was 13.94 and 9.40 respectively including 8% VAT. Don't know why the price changes each time other than guessing it is supposed to be due to the meter reading but the reading shown is nothing like what it actually is even though we often see one of the Ayuntamiento people looking at the meter. They'll probably catch up with us one day and charge us for the extra.
Cats-R-Us
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by spanishbliss Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:34 pm

hi peter
i think were on the agricultural water supply because our bills are similar to yours,does this mean i can use as much as i like ie crops etc,because i am baffled,i know the metred you cant ,well why would you want to,any help would be very much appreciated !!!!

spanishbliss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm

We have no basura and we have a Septic tank so the bill is only for water so our prices are down
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down