The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe in Spain

+3
Dave
Cave Bunny
wilma
7 posters

Go down

Safe in Spain Empty Safe in Spain

Post by wilma Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:33 am

Dont know about you but I am now getting quite used to switching Sky news on in the morning and hearing about the latest stabbing, child torture or maniacs gunning down innocents. Having lived in Spain for ten years I cant think of anywhere safer.
We moved up from the coast 3 1/2 years ago because we needed a quieter life. Since moving to our little village the only bit of crime has been a bit of graffiti on the side of an empty house which was quickly painted over by an embarrassed mother !
I know some villages have had the odd burglary and car theft and maybe with the current climate things may get a bit worse.
But I know where I would rather be.
wilma
wilma

Back to top Go down

Safe in Spain Empty Re: Safe in Spain

Post by Cave Bunny Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:39 pm

True. Where we lived in the UK, the local paper reported murders, assaults and robberies on a weekly basis. In fact, we got robbed (garage and van) twice in the year before we left, and our local Co-op was ram-raded with a forklift.
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:37 pm

And what better place to live than Fontanar (apart from Orce) We came over for your fiesta a month or so back, bumped into 'Semicuaves' and another English couple, had a brilliant night. The procession was class, didn't really understand, it but it was class! A biplane being towed by a chap on a ride on lawnmower scratch
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vulcan Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:27 am

Have to agree on all counts.
Have had one problem when a suspected drug dealer threatened to kill my 2 dogs and I. Not bad in 3 years when you consider the yUK now.

vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 pm

You know all is safe and good in the world, when one of the roles of our 'local bobby' is to pick up and drop of the children, (of our hamlet) at school in the nearby village.

Also in a sleepy hamlet you don't need a formal, neighbourhood watch scheme, all the neighbours are always watching, (smile) and anyone or anything out of the ordinary is soon reported, from one neighbour to the next. Or if really out of the ordinary the town hall or our local bobby.

The only time I've seen the guadia civil in the hamlet, is when someone mistakenly cut some protected wild flowers. Not us honest!

santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Safe in Spain Empty RE Safe in Spain

Post by Gobiker56 Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:38 am

I have been here 8 years now and feel much safer here in Galera than I ever did in Romford. We have had a couple of burglaries in the area, but they were reckoned to be inside jobs as there was no sign of a break-in. Some small items pinched of my patio when I 1st arrived, that has now ceased. That, I think, is because the neighbours know me now and understand that I am not a rich Englander that can afford to "donate" the odd item here and there. Add that to the weather (mostly), the relatively small household costs and the laid back lifestyle I am much happier than I would be in the UK.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Here here!
Although there had been a few breakins in and around Castillejar area Annie and I feel safer and more carefree out here. I think generally the locals all look out for each other and there possessions. Still we shouldn't take it for granted.

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down