The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sawdust, Just bloody sawdust!

+6
pebbles
cavern
La Mancha
Rosie
Shiny
Dave
10 posters

Go down

Sawdust, Just bloody sawdust! Empty Sawdust, Just bloody sawdust!

Post by Dave Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:22 pm

So, I dont believe in asking anybody to do what I wouldn't do myself..... Please read on....

Theres a bit of a situation concerning the dogs out at the El Capricho shelter, and it goes like this. Its bloody cold out there, as ive witnessed tonight whilst helping walk some dogs, and there is very little sawdust available to put in the kennels.
However a supplier has been found who will supply a pallet of compressed bales for a special price of 7.50 euros a bale. cheers Yippee, woop woop hey you may say, BUT there is a lack of funds to be able to fund buying a whole pallet.
So im pleading with all of you to please help (this is where I say I wouldn't ask blah blah blah.)
Could you please just spare the price of one bale? Thats just 7.50 euros as, lets say a Christmas present to a needy dog. santa I know many of you say that you'd like to help these dogs but, the shelters too far away or you cant spare the time etc.
7euros and 50 cents, thats all im asking. If you can. Thank you.
Im sure that lead lady will be along in a minute to say how you can donate this small amout.
I'll take my Geldof hat off now.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sawdust, Just bloody sawdust! Empty Re: Sawdust, Just bloody sawdust!

Post by Shiny Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Thankyou Dave for announcing this request for Sawdust Bloody sawdust!!
As after all the help and generosity of so many people already I wasn't sure whether it was appropriate to ask for more donations! You have beat me to it Dave.Thankyou.
We drive around every week trying to find saw dust and because most of the Carpenterias de madera have no work they aren't producing any bloody sawdust!!
Donations can be given to me 'Annie' 'leadlady' at the markets or the next carboot for El Capricho on the 9th December santa

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Happy to donate, but not driving to Baza if I can avoid it. Anywhere local to Castillejar? Could I give it to an El capricho representative at the next Quiz on the 5th?
Dave I have PM'd you.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by La Mancha Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Dave/Tony/Mat Is there no way that a PayPal account could be set up for El Cap. This would allow anyone to donate from wherever they are. Some of us that aren't out there full-time would like to make our contribution but there doesn't seem to be any way at present.
La Mancha
La Mancha

http://www.cuevademama.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Thank you, thank you, please accept a 'cyber pat on the back'
Dosen't give you a fantastic feeling? And it certainly should! I hate having to ask for financial help, but 'if you dont ask, sadly you dont get' Crying or Very sad
I think that El Cap does have a paypal account. Im sure somebody will let us know. I dont have anything to do with the running of El Cap. I just like to voice my opinion on something I feel strongly about, and it gives me a 'kick' to think that ive done a bit to help.
Thank you.
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:51 pm

La Mancha wrote:Dave/Tony/Mat Is there no way that a PayPal account could be set up for El Cap. This would allow anyone to donate from wherever they are. Some of us that aren't out there full-time would like to make our contribution but there doesn't seem to be any way at present.

Thanks for asking La Mancha , If you look on El Capricho's webpage down the bottom of this page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You will find the "Donate " button to use for paypal , someone a little while ago said they couldn't get it to work. I don't have a paypal to test it out. So if you do get any problems just let me know what it says and I will get it put right . For people like me without paypal there is the bank details you can transfer money to .

Rosie I would think the best way would be give it to one of the Pedro girls and they can drop it into the collection pot at Vista, when they are there next .

Thank you to anybody who is considering donating for " sawdust bloody sawdust " Laughing
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by La Mancha Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 am

Sorry just tried to buy a bale on PayPal and it won't accept it. Keeps saying the amount is wrong. Tried 6 times same message.
La Mancha
La Mancha

http://www.cuevademama.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:03 am

Managed to send via PayPal.
cheers
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:05 am

La Mancha wrote:Sorry just tried to buy a bale on PayPal and it won't accept it. Keeps saying the amount is wrong. Tried 6 times same message.

Same happened initially with me. I managed it by accessing my paypal account & using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & it was accepted. Shimples........ eventually! Very Happy
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:42 am

We will have a collection pot at our Christmas Pure Indulgence Day this coming money and then I will take the funds over to Vista next week.

:-)

pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 am

Just put a mention and link on face book too - see what the power of social networking might do!
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchio Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 am

I will try the paypal angle via the website. Theres another possibility, a website/organisation called 'Just Giving', most people wanting sponsoring etc., set up on it. You can pay by paypal, Visa, etc.etc. on a secure paysite. I am not an accountant but apparently you can use the donations to reclaim tax and this website is 'approved' for that.

Just a thought, especially for us gringos who are not around the Baza area as much as they would like (I.E. Stuck in Blighty most of the time!)
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchio Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 am

Paypal off the website was easy to do and worked great, enjoy the bales!!!!! I am looking at 'George' our Border cross Tibetian terrier (Don't ask...... unglued he is) lying on his comfy dog bed, so its a pleasure to help.

Can you put the website address as a 'sticky' somewhere,somehow, please ? Be easier for future reference!
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by mame Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:38 am

Found it easy going through Elcapricho then on to paypal link
Maureen and Melvyn

mame

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 pm

also annie is taking donations for sawdust on her markets
galera, castillejar benamaurel huescar and chirivel if that is easier for any of you and thank you all so much for the great response on this much needed subject,

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks again everybody thats donated . Its so good to see so many people doing their bit!
Well Chuffed!
You can all hold your heads up today, knowing that youve done your bit. Very Happy
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Firstly I would like to second everything Dave said and add my THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!

Lurchio wrote:I will try the paypal angle via the website. Theres another possibility, a website/organisation called 'Just Giving', most people wanting sponsoring etc., set up on it. You can pay by paypal, Visa, etc.etc. on a secure paysite. I am not an accountant but apparently you can use the donations to reclaim tax and this website is 'approved' for that.

Just a thought, especially for us gringos who are not around the Baza area as much as they would like (I.E. Stuck in Blighty most of the time!)

Lurchio Thanks for suggesting that, I will absolutely most definitely be keeping that in mind , one of the things being worked on by one of our loyal supporters and website designer from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is construsting a new European website, free of charge for El Capricho , something we are really excited about , the Spanish one will be still going as well . When it is up and running I will be adding all sorts of ways for more funds to be raised.
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by john the artist Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:02 pm

I know this sounds petty but can.t we order and pay for the sawdust seperate from el Capricho? It is just that a lot of money has been raised for them by many hardworking Brit's but they do not seem very accountable. Paying into their Paypal account does not mean they will buy sawdust. I am happy to dip into my pocket and will also organise a collection on the 15th at the gig,but i want to know that the money get's spent on what it was intended for.
john the artist
john the artist

http://www.Funcards.co.cc            www.moosproject.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:32 pm

John - why didn't you come to the meeting ?

I can tell you that so far this year the British / expats have raised - car boot collecting tins etc + 4,642.55 cheers

Expenses this year are general - such as food , sawdust , cleaning products and many etc's -3,163,48 pale

Vets bills and farmacia - 4,064.72 No

You do the maths Crying or Very sad

Oh an if it makes you feel any easy there are now 3 Brits on the board of directors or committee , or known out here La Asamblea General Ordininaria . Yes I am horrified at the vets bills but I certainly don't disbelieve it , El capricricho don't cut corners when it comes to either dogs health or desease control , ways to reduce it are being looked into but not at the cost of the dogs.

Last edited by cavern on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Well what an amazing figures Very Happy and such a lot of hard work raising funds for the doggy's from both English and Spanish in these hard times . Smile
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by john the artist Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi I wasn't being critical of the work you are all putting in and it seems like things are getting sorted. I am sorry I did not get to the meeting I know I should have.
john the artist
john the artist

http://www.Funcards.co.cc            www.moosproject.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down