The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car booty 7th Oct - El Capricho

4 posters

Go down

Car booty 7th Oct - El Capricho  Empty Car booty 7th Oct - El Capricho

Post by cavern Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am

I am pleased to announce that there will be a car boot on the 7th October for El Capricho . Due to logistics ie. no trailer , one table and nearly all the items accidentally taken to Cortes De Baza it will be a wee bit smaller than normal but having said that they have had some lovely , never seen before, donations from Carol at Vista, plus other things I have in storage and we will try and get as many other things as possible there on the day.

Many people had come up to me over the past couple of months, saying they had items they would like to donate for the car boot stall. They would be still very much !!!! appreciated but as they are now going to be stored at the refuge could I ask you to please not bring anymore clothes or books until we can find a more permanent storage solution locally. All other items will be very gratefully received.

We have 2 guest celebrity volunteers, who have kindly offered to help out this month, be warned they can sell coals to Newcastle , well they could if they knew where it was, they are West coast Southerners Wink

cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Car booty 7th Oct - El Capricho  Empty Re: Car booty 7th Oct - El Capricho

Post by cavern Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Just thought I would bump this up , as there was a shopping list for wood and many calls from the Lord after this post Laughing

Definitely going ahead tomorrow , the weatherman he say " Yes " going to be a lovely sunny day. We have many never seen before brand new items - dare I say ideal Christmas pressies at bargain prices . santa Most definitely quality not quantity and I am not just talking about the volunteers that have come forward to help Wink

I will be about as usually just hanging about the in the background ;-) so looking forward to seeing all our regulars flower
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:26 pm

Had a great day today helping el Cap out on the stall. It seemed to be quite busy, so hopefully some decent money was raised. Nice to meet a few members and have a good chin wag. Sorry to anybody who happened to be nearby when Davis Kirby and myself where talking 'blokes stuff' Laughing
Great to see a good turn out though and im sure there will be a few posts soon to tell us about exciting new things happening for the dogs. sunny
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:11 pm

I t was great to see you and Carol there today helping out such a worthwile cause and the beer and tapas went down very well thanks!
Whats this blokey stuff you were talking about then with my mate Mr Kirby!?
Let me guess mmm Cars/campers and pg3 girls! bounce

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 pm

Shiny wrote:
Whats this blokey stuff you were talking about then with my mate Mr Kirby!?
Let me guess mmm Cars/campers and pg3 girls! bounce

Yep, and I think it was in that order too Laughing Question No, it was Campers then cars Laughing
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi yes David enjoyed his man talk thanks Dave hope you made lots of money for the doggy's Very Happy
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Apologies for delay but found out tonight whilst doggy walking that the grand total for yesterday was 153.68 euros not bad considering we were winging it Laughing . Thank you to all our regulars that turned up and it doesn't always matter if you put your hand in your pocket or not the support is very much appreciated. It makes the day go so much quicker plus all the camper van talk gave me the opportunity to fall asleep for a while Wink hey it was an early start Laughing

To equate what 153.68 euros means to El Capricho , it will cover approximatly a week and a half food for both the dogs in the shelter and the many foster dogs that have struck lucky until they can find their forever homes .

Just a few of us got together afterwards to chew things over and well we realise along with El Cap representatives that the support is really needed right now , things are changing for this little backwater of Baza, that upto 2 years ago had no registered charity for animal welfare . This is Spain and these things take time but also we all agreed it takes more than a few dedicated Spanish guys and a few English and Spanish volunteers. So not only does it take time , it takes money ie. fundraisers , it takes support , it takes adoptees , it takes foster homes , dog walkers, promotion , International help. the list goes on but above all this it takes mega patience to get through all the frustrations , we all want change but I don't think there is a dog shelter in Spain that could honestly say they couldn't do more . It is being worked on and hey I may over the next few weeks hog the forum as it is still something I believe in and please remember I am only a volunteer, I am not El Capricho. There will be change but they need help Smile .

Okay Obama speech over Embarassed Laughing ............... thank you again Embarassed

Last edited by cavern on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 am

Well done to everyone who visited, helped, supported and donated both money and booty items. It was a great day, it was fun, and some people who paid attention learned about the differences between air cooled flat fours and waterboxers, so there! Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 am

Yeah well it was all VW talk now if you mention the advantages of LDV camper vans I would have been there Wink
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 am

Sorry.............LDV? affraid
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 am

Dave wrote:Sorry.............LDV? affraid

Sssshhhh going to be selling one soon just got to get the foster dog out of it - they make great kennels Wink
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

LVD affraid Yes they make good kennels and chicken coupes !! no comparison to a VW LOL lol! Great pic of the V.W engine i have just given Barb a lesson Sleep
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:15 pm

But well done on your day for the doggy's Very Happy
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content