The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideal.es report on El Capricho

3 posters

Go down

Ideal.es report on El Capricho Empty Ideal.es report on El Capricho

Post by Cave Bunny Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Yesterday the refuge received a surprise visit from a reporter at Ideal.es and this is the result.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm really pleased for them, they deserve some good publicity.

By the way, thanks to those who have walked dogs in my absence, to those who have joined our team of helpers, and to those who have given donations recently. Fantastic job everyone, keep it coming :-) xxx
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Ideal.es report on El Capricho Empty Re: Ideal.es report on El Capricho

Post by saci Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi Cave Bunny - thought of this site as I was scouring internet for thing to give/not to give pet cats - found this website.

It mentions the food that El Capricho is using - and it gets a very low rating. I too bought the cat version, as I am feeding and when necessary medicating three strays as well as my own (who gets Canin Sterilized 37- not cheap) - and I have also inherited, what I think to be - or ought to be Galera's mascot. So a tidy little crowd.

I do realise that budgetary considerations in a shelter are very important. However, although not abandoning it totally, I have also taken to cooking a mix of brown and white rice, chard or broccoli, carrot and meat - in the micro or pressure cooker. I then mash it a little through with a fork, make sure it doesn't end up a dry product - so a little more water than one normally would. My chard/carrots are pre-chopped, as is the meat. They do seem to love it. I believe rice is far preferable to wheat stuffs - which rate high in these products. Don'tknow if you'd like to pass this info on. cat
saci
saci

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:47 pm

I feed 5 dogs (totalling 115 kilos of dog) on a similar combo and have fed my dogs this way for many years, and it is not cheap.

I would imagine 40 dogs is nigh on impossible especially on the limited funds APA El Cap have. And especially on an industrial estate with just a few volunteers.

They know the food is not great but they are currently working within the restraints that they have. Until more financial help comes forward and more adoptions are made, there is no other choice. They have upped their choice from Arion Basico to Arion Bravo.

In fairness the biscuits that are commonly sold here are all poor quality. I have not found a good one. All use by-products and are GM. But then any biscuit is processed and as I don't eat processed food, I prefer not to feed my dogs processed food. Sadly there is not much choice for the dogs of El Cap.

Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyChic Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:53 pm

El Capricho use many different brands, the one mentiond on the site 'Arion' comes in different grades, and prices.
A 'Do Good' dog would have to be kept the low grade feed, the poorley ones that come in get the best and within days are looking better Smile
Over 40 dogs now at 'El Capricho' and although a heathlier budget is so despratley need they def do not scrimp on quality of food !!!

I personally use 'Brokaton' (Another brand El capricho use)
My lot thrive on it and at 10 Euros for 20kg im happy.
HappyChic
HappyChic

Back to top Go down

Post by saci Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:06 pm

cat I know - how hard it is doing such work - and the endless stress that goes with such budgeting! All good spirits be with everyone there!!
saci
saci

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down