The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish NIE Number Rules (Working)

+10
miron
Jenny
Dave
Blatantadvertising.com
1940thom
bar martinez
La Mancha
Shiny
Imagemaker
DogLover
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spanish NIE Number Rules (Working) Empty Spanish NIE Number Rules (Working)

Post by DogLover Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Do you need an NIE number to work here? I'm guessing Yes but i haven't got one yet. We have been here over a year and i still haven't got one. I don't think i'll have one for a while yet, if i ever get one.
I suppose it doesn't matter about my age, work is work and if you want to work then you probably need one. I'm just not sure what the rules are. Also, i don't think it is likely for anyone to take on someone who can't speak spanish?

I was just wondering. Because i don't have one and won't be getting one i don't think.

Thank you.

DogLover

Back to top Go down

Spanish NIE Number Rules (Working) Empty Re: Spanish NIE Number Rules (Working)

Post by Imagemaker Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:32 pm

This info might help Doglover.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DogLover Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks for your answer. Oh dear it says "you are not legally entitled to stay in Spain for more than 90 days before returning to the UK or your home country, or applying for a Permanent or Temporary Residencia Permit"

Hmmm, well i have been here for over a year now but i am only 16 and living with my parents so we were told that was okay but now i am not sure! Oh oh!!

DogLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm sure you are OK day to day as you are under 18, but I would think that in order to work, you will, as stated in the article, need to be legal in all respects. I would do some more research if I were you, from the perspective of a young person i.e. under 18yrs old. I'm afraid, I don't have any experience in this field as I am over 18...........just! affraid
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Why not have a chat with cien services! Alis not sure how to spell here name should be well genned up on all rules and regs bla bla bla!!

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by DogLover Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks shiny for your answer. I have sent you a quick PM because i didn't want to get into trouble for posting the wrong thing. lol

DogLover

Back to top Go down

Post by La Mancha Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 pm

We got an NIE for Robyn who was only 11 at the time. Very easily done at the consulate in the UK not sure how its done in Spain. Didn't need to use a solicitor just filled in the form and took it in to the offices. More info can be had from here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
La Mancha
La Mancha

http://www.cuevademama.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bar martinez Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:00 am

You can obtain an n.i.e number from the polica local in Baza you will need to fill out a simple form ( possible with limited spanish or a spanish/english dictionary) , a copy of your passport and the original and in Cartagena 2 passport photos but I'm not sure here in Granada. You wll also need a copy of your escritura and a current padron certificate.
The policia local is situated at the end of what most people call bank street on the right. You can make an advanced appointment or just go along and wait your turn.
The foreigners department is around the corner and not the front office.
Hope this is some help to you.
Victoria

bar martinez

Back to top Go down

Post by 1940thom Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:54 am

bar martinez wrote:You can obtain an n.i.e number from the polica local in Baza you will need to fill out a simple form ( possible with limited spanish or a spanish/english dictionary) , a copy of your passport and the original and in Cartagena 2 passport photos but I'm not sure here in Granada. You wll also need a copy of your escritura and a current padron certificate.
The policia local is situated at the end of what most people call bank street on the right. You can make an advanced appointment or just go along and wait your turn.
The foreigners department is around the corner and not the front office.
Hope this is some help to you.
Victoria

I have just obtained mine from the Baza office and it was quite painless.
I took 3 copies of the signed application form, my old NIE card (which he cut up)a recent padron and 1 recent passport size photo.
The photo was stuck on one of the application forms by the officer and the others were returned to me as not necessary.
When the details had been input on the computer, I was given a form to take into a nearby bank and pay 10€.
Returning to the office the new NIE was exchanged for my paid receipt

The application form can be downloaded and filled in on-line but has to be printed off and signed:-

Solicitud de Certificado de registro como residente comunitario o tarjeta de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión (EX16)

1940thom

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:00 am

Are we not now gettting confused between Residencia and NIE. I was not aware of a card issued for NIE.
Barry
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:24 am

All resident and non-resident foreigners with financial affairs in Spain - regardless of whether they are EU citizens or from a non-EU country - must have a foreigners tax identification number or NIE (Número de Identificación de Extranjero). This is the equivalent of a Spaniards Número de Identificación Fiscal (NIF) which serves as a fiscal identification number.

The CIF number (Certificado de Identificación Fiscal) is equivalent to the NIF, but applies to companies.
Anyone with financial, professional or social interests in Spain needs a personal identification number. The NIE is essential for any fiscal transactions in Spain where money is paid to the Spanish inland revenue office. The NIE number should be quoted in all dealings with tax authorities. The number appears on all documents issued in Spain.

An NIE number is needed to:

* Open a bank account
* Buy, sell or insure property
* Arrange credit terms or a mortgage
* Pay taxes
* Be paid for employment
* Use short-term employment agencies
* Apply for a business permit and start a business
* Register with social services and arrange receipt of social security benefits
* Apply for a driver's licence

Applying for an NIE

An EU-citizen applying for their certificate of residence (certificado de registro) will be issued an NIE number at the same time.

Making the application

Applications for an NIE can be made at a police station with a foreigners' department (Oficina de Extranjeros) of a national Spanish police station (comisaría), or by contacting the local regional government; either in person or through a representative.

For the addresses and contact telephone numbers of all Oficina de Extranjeros: click on link

The following documents are required:

* An application form, the NIE para residentes en el extranjero (form EX14), filled out and signed
o Download Solicitud de NIE EX14: Click here (PDF) Do not sign the completed application form until in the presence of an official
* Receipt for payment of the fee, stamped by the bank
* Identity card or original passport and photocopy
* Two passport photographs

Certified documentation stating the reasons for applying for the NIE may be required.

Note: In some parts of Spain (including Costa Blanca) the application should be made at the office in question where the forms used are auto-carbonated copies. However, in others areas the printable form, NIE para residentes en el extranjero (EX-14) is accepted.

Once the application is made, processing may take a month or more. Usually, the office will issue a date to collect the NIE which should be done in person; notification is not made by post or telephone. In some locations (Madrid is one such) the NIE may be issued immediately.
Help with the Application

A non-resident needing an NIE number (for example, to purchase property), may be able to apply through the Spanish Embassy of their home country. There are also companies and individuals - gestor/gestoría - able to help with this process remotely.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:28 am

Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:31 am

Blatantadvertising.com wrote:Are we not now gettting confused between Residencia and NIE. I was not aware of a card issued for NIE.
Barry

Funny that you should say that, our Nie's are just printed on white A4 paper, stamped and signed, but ive been told that these should be changed for the card type.
Anybody any ideas?
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 am

The right of a person to live and work in Spain depends on their citizenship as follows:

1. European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) Citizens: All EU and EEA citizens and their family members have the right to live and work in Spain. However, if remaining in Spain longer than three months, a registration certificate as an EU resident is required.
2. Non-EU/EEA Spouse and Dependent Family Members: The legally registered partner and dependent family of an EU citizen in Spain are entitled to the same rights as an EU citizen to live in the country, however within three months of arrival, application must be made for an EU Family-member Residence Card (Tarjeta de Residencia de Familiar de Cuidadano de la Union).
3. Non-EU/EEA Citizens: Any non-European Union citizen staying in Spain for a period longer than three months requires a Residence Card (Tarjeta de Residencia) residency permit.

The Ministry of Territorial Policy (Ministerio de Politica Territorial; also known as the Ministerio de Administracións Públicas - MAP) has a website with comprehensive information in English regarding how to apply for the appropriate documents.

Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 am

My understanding, from people who previously had Residencia cards, is that cards are no longer issued and everyone now has an A4 sheet, whether for Residencia or NIE. Several people have complained that it's a much less convenient form of identification.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm

I am bit confused with all this I have a residencia card with a NIE number on it and it runs out very soon, how and where do I get a new one please can anyone one help as the missus worries a lot with these sort of things or anything to do with form filling in (bless her)

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:17 pm

As far as I am aware Shiny all you will get on renewal is an A4 piece of paper, I do not know if it has your NIE number on it, and it will be useless for identification puposes as it has no photo.
Barry
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Shiny - see the posts on the previous page from bar martinez & 1940thom, and Devon Dave's links to downloadable forms.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:32 pm

What Jenny says is true, I believe. In 2006 I got a tarjeta de residencia in Las Palmas which had my NIE number on (I assumed they were the same thing!), When it was stolen in 2008 I went for a replacement but they said they only gave the certificates. When Ron went for his in 2009 in Granada he got a certificate. The cards were better, I even know someone who used it instead of her passport to travel from Spain to Ireland via England - she had to use her persuasive powers to get it accepted at Gatwick tho!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by 1940thom Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:48 am

Blatantadvertising.com wrote:As far as I am aware Shiny all you will get on renewal is an A4 piece of paper, I do not know if it has your NIE number on it, and it will be useless for identification puposes as it has no photo.
Barry

The A4 paper which now replaces the photo/fingerprint residencia card is a CERTIFICATE which is green in colour.
This certificate contains a serial number
your name, date of birth, place of birth and parents christian names.
It states your nationality
Address &
your numero de identitadad de extranjero (N.I.E. number)

It also adds that this certificate is not a means of identification

On a further note: The certificate can be colour photocopied, shrunk in size to fit your wallet or purse but should or must be stamped by an official body.
My local Town Hall obliged mine.

Hope this helps

1940thom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 am

As far as everyday ID is concerned, I just show my UK driving licence card, complete with photo. I've never had a problem in 6 years.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:51 pm

So does this piece of paper replace both Residencia and NIE?
Or are there seperate forms?

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 pm

NO. Technically there is no longer any requirement if you are a EU citizen to have any form of RESIDENCIA CARD other than that provided by your own country, ie passport. However the new residencia certificate does act as document to prove your current country of residence, you still need an NIE as you cant get the certificate with out it, and an NIE is the only document you legally require in order to undertake financial transactions, supposedly over 50 euro's in value.

In short the new Residencia Certificate is pointless, as you all ready should be on the Padron, have an NIE and complete yearly fiscal statements for the Hacienda.

Good Luck
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Claro!

Thanks for that, we must get it sorted..... Rolling Eyes

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:14 pm

I wish the Police would speak to the Guardia as I had a heated road block discussion with an officer demanding my tarjeta de residencia, when I showed him my A4 paper (which should not be folded and kept with you at all times) he said that it was not valid as resedencia...................I agreed as he had a gun and what he said went. Wink
musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next