The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Spanish NIE Number Rules (Working)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spanish NIE Number Rules (Working)

Post by Jenny on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 am

As far as everyday ID is concerned, I just show my UK driving licence card, complete with photo. I've never had a problem in 6 years.

Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:51 pm

So does this piece of paper replace both Residencia and NIE?
Or are there seperate forms?

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 pm

NO. Technically there is no longer any requirement if you are a EU citizen to have any form of RESIDENCIA CARD other than that provided by your own country, ie passport. However the new residencia certificate does act as document to prove your current country of residence, you still need an NIE as you cant get the certificate with out it, and an NIE is the only document you legally require in order to undertake financial transactions, supposedly over 50 euro's in value.

In short the new Residencia Certificate is pointless, as you all ready should be on the Padron, have an NIE and complete yearly fiscal statements for the Hacienda.

Good Luck

Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Claro!

Thanks for that, we must get it sorted..... Rolling Eyes

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:14 pm

I wish the Police would speak to the Guardia as I had a heated road block discussion with an officer demanding my tarjeta de residencia, when I showed him my A4 paper (which should not be folded and kept with you at all times) he said that it was not valid as resedencia...................I agreed as he had a gun and what he said went. Wink

musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traineetrog on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Boothjendar: banks insist on either a non residents certificate (which you can only if you are a non resident) or a residents certificate(for which there are other criteria). Either way, I've got to pay, however I have to pay more and more frequently if I use a non residents certificate. I agree, they do seem pointless but they are sometimes needed.
traineetrog

Back to top Go down

Just to Clarify

Post by Boothjendar on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 pm

traineetrog wrote:Boothjendar: banks insist on either a non residents certificate (which you can only if you are a non resident) or a residents certificate(for which there are other criteria). Either way, I've got to pay, however I have to pay more and more frequently if I use a non residents certificate. I agree, they do seem pointless but they are sometimes needed.

What ever bank you are with have got it slightly wrong, the 2 types of accounts have nothing to do with RESIDENCIA and have everything to do with FISCAL RESIDENCY, its a subtle difference but in essence if all your assets are in Spain IE you have no property in the UK and you live in Spain full time, you have an NIE then you are FISCALLY RESIDENT and as such should NOT HAVE AN EXTRANJERO account, you wont pay any NON RESIDENT fees if you are FISCALLY RESIDENT,

If you have an EXTRANJERO ACCOUNT the bank considers you to be NON Resident and so you pay charges to both the Bank and the authorities, an example of an NON Resident Extranjero account is the Caja Rural Gold account.

If you are unsure what type of residence status your bank considers you have then a way to check is to see if you have ever received a FISCAL STATEMENT for the Hacienda, this may be in your electronic inbox if you bank online or in hard copy form, if you have never received one then your bank considers you non resident and you should go in with your Padron, NIE and copy Nota Simple to update your file.

At no time do you need any form of RESIDENCIA CERTIFICATE for any bank because once you show them your doc's they get you to sign the appropriate declarations which are witnessed by a bank official, and held on your file should the authorities get nosey.

Simples
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Just copied this from an EXpat website hope it clears things up note no mention of Residencia Certificates anywhere

There are two types of bank accounts for foreigners:

◦Resident bank account: You can open an account in euros or in a foreign currency (depending on what the bank offers).

◦Nonresident bank account: If you don’t have an NIE card and you come from another country, you are considered nonresident. Based on the regulations of the Bank of Spain, nonresidents can hold bank accounts in euros or in foreign currency. As identification, you must have a valid passport or the ID number of your country of origin. You also have to justify your nonresident status when you open the account (or within 15 days). This is because for a nonresident account, the bank does not withhold a percentage of the interest earned. Generally every six months, the bank does a check to confirm your nonresident status. If you acquire resident status any time after opening the account, you must notify the bank and give them your NIE. The fees for a resident account are cheaper than for a nonresident account.
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by traineetrog on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:28 pm

I know what you are saying but in practice it doesn't work like that. They insist I produce either one or the other. They don't care which so long as life carries on, they finish at 14.14pm and they have a clean tracksuit to wear to bingo on Saturday night. I don't have physical UK assets, nor do I have physical assets in any other country. At present I rent in Spain and have a padron. I guess I'm officially resident but I don't have a certificate to prove it and the police station say I need medical insurance anyway but that is getting of the subject. Because I don't have a residency card, they insist I have a non residents account, which from what I read previously, and what you say here, is wrong. I don't think they care! I do have a NIE number but the bank say this doesn't make any difference.
traineetrog

Back to top Go down

nie

Post by barbara milford on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:58 pm

hi
yes the card is no longer issued. last year we went along to renew our card (like a credit card size) and we just recieved an a4 paper. this in effect is not as useful to use as nie as the card as there is now no finger print or photo.

Barbara

barbara milford

http://www.altiplanobanb.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:20 pm

I think people are getting Residencia cards mixed with NIE.
NIE has always been paper and residencia was card but is now paper for non spanish.
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes