The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabric and dressmaking supplies required

+3
Dave
mikey
Cave Bunny
7 posters

Go down

Fabric and dressmaking supplies required Empty Fabric and dressmaking supplies required

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi, I believe this question was asked before, but it must have been on the old forum as I can't find any record here.

So...I want to do some dressmaking and I am looking for supplies in the Baza area. I know you can buy some materials at the markets, but ideally I would like to locate a haberdashery.
1) What's the spanish for a haberdashery (I'm, getting mixed answers from my dictionaries)
2) Where can I find a haberdashery in Baza.
3) Will I be able to buy accessories (ie buttons, beads, sequins etc) from here too? If not, then where.

In addition, if anyone has some fabric they would like to sell I'd be happy to take it off your hands. All types considered as I am hoping to do some patchworking too.

Thanks in advance
Cave Bunny
albino

Last edited by Cave Bunny on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : my brain is like mush today)
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Fabric and dressmaking supplies required Empty Re: Fabric and dressmaking supplies required

Post by mikey Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Is there one opposite where little britain is?
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Fabric and dressmaking supplies required Empty Re: Fabric and dressmaking supplies required

Post by Dave Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Not that I look at this type of thing, but i have seen a few stalls at Guadix market selling material things.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Yes there is a fab place in Baza - eeek have no idea how to direct you to it!

Mum..........

Rosie..........

...........help!

I am sure Mum or Rosie could give better directions!!!!
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Sounds great Pebbles, I await directions eagerly cheers

Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Thanks for the input Mikey and Dave, but I can't drive at the moment and the chances of hubby taking me quite so far for something quite so whimsical any time soon are slim. Now if there was a decent ferrets there, that would be a different issue... Meanwhile I have ripped up half my clothes in a fit of inspiration and I need somewhere muy rapido, so it has to be Baza.
Laughing

Last edited by Cave Bunny on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brain still mushy)
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by gilly Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:40 am

Rosie is in UK at the moment but will be back Thursday! She has occassional access to a computer so she might answer before.
gilly
gilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:55 pm

My favorite haberdashers are in Huescar (2 of them) One is virtually opposite Little Britain. The other is well camouflaged as a handbag/knick knack shop on a corner very near Dia supermarket... No idea what the street names are... and my posh buttons usually come via the internet.
There is a fabric/haberdasher shop in Baza, but I can only take you there rather than explain... again, I don't know the street names!
Better give me a call over the weekend. I will email you my tel no.
(I pick up a lot of my fabrics for patchworking from Baza Sunday Carboot).
I may have some fabric for you as well. My sewing room is well overdue for a good sorting through!

Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Many thanks Rosie, will call you at the weekend. cheers
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by gilly Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:17 pm

And believe Rosie......... that sewing room is FULL of material ( she is secretly addicted to material and 'im indoors' will probably pleased to see some of it go!!) Laughing
gilly
gilly

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Yup! Rosie has already rummaged through my material box and there wasnt much left after that!!! he he!
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 pm

There are at least 2 mercerias (haberdashers) in the centre of Baza. Stand in the Plaza Mayor with your back to the church, walk down the steps or ramp in front of you. There is a farmacia just in front of you, on a corner. Turn left and walk along to the end of that short pedestrian street. Here you can either turn left again, which will bring you to one merceria, maybe 20 metres away, or turn right, which will bring you to another, a similar distance away. The one Rosie mentioned in Huescar is called Paquissima.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks Smile
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down