The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cave farm

4 posters

Go down

Cave farm Empty Cave farm

Post by EmmaJ Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Hello Everyone! My partner and I are considering buying a cave farm In the Castril area (we love the area) and building an eco health retreat there (as I'm soon qualifying as a nutritional therapist). The farm we are viewing has 4 separate caves that need total reform. It's quite a project, (albeit an exciting one), and we are seeking the advice of experts in the area. We are due to visit again on the 23rd March and would like to speak to some builders/ experts with experience in cave reform / building. Can anyone recommend a very good builder who could give us advice on what's possible and not possible there? Thank you very much for your help!
Emma and Vlad

EmmaJ

Back to top Go down

Cave farm Empty Re: Cave farm

Post by Cestrian Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi Emma and Vlad,
Welcome to the forum, we are a friendly bunch really.....

Builders, first do you speak Spanish ? If so, Julio Castillo has been recommended here ( I have not used him )
Mobile no is 669 998 493

A builder we have used in the past for minor jobs on our cave, but has done major reforms, who speaks excellent English, is Mauricio, lives in Galera and his number is 666 226 074. He has contacts for plumbers and carpenters too that he has recommended to us and all have been good.

Sounds a big project for you, keep us up to date with your journey !

Regards,

Les
Cestrian
Cestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:35 am

Morning
I am both a federation master builders accredited builder in uk + have had 2 caves in benemaurel and freila area for 10 years and come across many many so called  tradesmen and builders in Spain who really way short of the mark!!
Whoever you use make sure they come very well recommended by few different people , check past work etc
I can recommend 2 people i have used with confidence and vg people who may be able to help you ( they also have other colntacts / vg local knowledge !) =

Darren who runs top build last 10 + years in castril area + did lot work on my 1st renovation. And sorted electrician etc  - 628103303 or e-mail: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jack who based in freila and both done major cave renovation work for me and keeps eye on my caves + become like a family member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].  
+447564935286

All best
Nige
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaJ Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:52 am

Thank you very much Les and Nige for the replies and information. We will check out you recommendations and will be back in touch. have a lovely weekend!
Emma

EmmaJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:29 am

As said above. Get as many recommendations as possible, but more importantly look at previous work. I would recommend Henry Garcia tel 697716667 / 642385756 His work is excellent, he's honest and reliable. He speaks a little English but is easy to communicate with. If given a free reign he comes up with some fantastic creations and ideas.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaJ Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks a lot Dave. Much appreciated advice. Emma and Vlad Smile

EmmaJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content