The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From a Mud Hut to a Cave

3 posters

Go down

From a Mud Hut to a Cave Empty From a Mud Hut to a Cave

Post by Edofwigan Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

What a great forum, where would we be without forums, to gain an invaluable insight into places far, far away?  A real, 'Warts n All' look at the truth behind the sales spiel and general hype.

I am Ed (51) currently living and working in and around the town of Wigan, Lancashire, England and I am bored! Not bored with life, just with all the rush, rush, hurry hurry and more than occasional traffic jam.

I am Ok, not need to run away from anything, apart from being more than a little bored with being on this hamster wheel. I guess, I want to have an adventure, to live and learn in another country, to take my foot off the gas and to create some time for me to learn some new things.

My destination? Siem Reap, been several times and totally love the place:
(I am not permitted to post a link to show you Siem Reap, I am new but have a look on You Tube if your interested or send me a message, if that is OK)

Now! I stumble across some Spanish Cave Dwellers, some local and some who have travelled from afar. This is not the Spain I have seen before but this is the Spain I wished I had, the Spain of dreams. A place where I could wander down from my cave to a local hostelry for a cold beer and a little Tapas, a place where I never see 'Ye Olde' or Tesco's, a place where to locals speak Spanish and welcome me to try too (I currently only point and smile, sorry I will try harder)

So, please take me under your wing and educate me about the real life of the Cave Dwellers of Spain.

As Maslow would say, I will need:
A nice Cave House, somewhere in the middle of the range. Neither a Palace nor a Slum. Just a nice, safe, secure little home.

Walking distance to a Taverna or two, Tapas and the like. I am single so not to remote.

A town, not too far away

Bus links into more major urbanisations and the airports that service EasyJet etc... to Manchester.

I can see many great and interesting threads about the day to day cost of living and I am busy reading through those but here it is about location?  are all caves in the region that includes Baza? or are some in other parts of Spain.

Infrastructure, current and planned. Trains, Planes and Autostrada.

Areas with groups, I have always wanted to learn Tai Chi and Yoga

Buy v Long term rent of my cave?

Can I buy red wine in those big glass demijons ?  What capacity and how much are they?

Who grows their own and what? Pigs, Chickens and what else?

What do you do , day to day beyond life's little chores?

Micro and Social Enterprise within the community?  How much Life Saving First Aid do you want me to teach you, for that chicken and some of your Home Made wine?
(please note, my life does not centre around drinking Red Wine)  What can you teach me?

Of course this thread is not all about me but hopefully a place where you maybe kind enough to share some of those special bits of information that will make me rent out my Mud Hut and run to the Caves.

Thanks

Ed

study

Edofwigan

Back to top Go down

From a Mud Hut to a Cave Empty Re: From a Mud Hut to a Cave

Post by Edofwigan Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Lots of questions, I guess, many of which are in teh depths of teh existing threads. Although, I could really do with up to date but lets start with how much I will expect to pay for a large demijohn of good local Red Wine?

Thanks

Edofwigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:48 pm

In Galera it comes in slandered boxes, red or white, local supermarket. can teach how to slow down, talk, join in local events. Here we all have a natter and welcome new people, respect others space by not pouncing on them every 5 mins but we all pass on event news and make sure we pass on important info.

Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Edofwigan Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Mandi wrote:In Galera it comes in slandered boxes, red or white, local supermarket. can teach how to slow down, talk, join in local events. Here we all have a natter and welcome new people, respect others space by not pouncing on them every 5 mins but we all pass on event news and make sure we pass on important info.

Wise words, please excuse me, I am just exited, I guess. Thanks for the welcome advice Smile

Edofwigan

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Well, red wine (good is such a relative term) can be had for €5 a gallon. I'm sure you can get it for less, direct from people who make it. I know you can get it for more.
However, one thing to consider: you can't buy what you want in the shops -- you can only buy what they have to sell.

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down