The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to buy a cave home in galera

+11
Lila58
Chille
miron
Lurchio
Tim Cullis
PEDRO JAMES
Him & Her
DannyandJosie
Mandi
pete_l
Tracie1963
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking to buy a cave home in galera - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking to buy a cave home in galera

Post by Lila58 Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:05 am

There is alsoo Rusticom (nick Wachter) and Cuevas Spain in Huescar (Piet and Sandra) who are selling caves in this area. We went with them alsoo to visit caves. Did our homework first by looking at their web-site. Then took contact to visit the caves we were interested in. Finally we bought from Cuevas Spain because they had the caves for sale we loved most. We are now the owners of 8 caves in Castilléjar not far from Galera and love it here.

Lila58

Back to top Go down

Looking to buy a cave home in galera - Page 2 Empty estate agents in Baza/Galera/Huesca

Post by Uncle Bill Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:39 pm

We can recommend Nick at Rusticom He is based in Baja and is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Uncle Bill

Back to top Go down

Looking to buy a cave home in galera - Page 2 Empty Buying a cave home

Post by Tracie1963 Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Hello everyone

Just to give you an update

We have just goy back from our visit

And have to say it exceeded our expectations I cried when it was time to come home home,

We meet amazing people who were so helpful and informative i.e. Spanish English and Dutch

We viewed lots of cave homes in different villages and stayed in a rental cave for our visit,

We made an offer on a cave but our agent cannot get in contact with the owner
So we all fear the worst,

So we have left our offer open and are returning for two weeks in Jan again renting a cave to continue our search,

Can anyone advise as to how long approx it takes to complete from start to finish on a purchase,

Thank you all in advance

Tracie

Tracie1963

Back to top Go down

Looking to buy a cave home in galera - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking to buy a cave home in galera

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Hi Tracie

Please don't be dis-heartened by the lack of response on your offer, things do take time here! There are plenty of other properties otherwise in our beautiful area so hopefully the cave/house of your dreams will come to fruition. The buying process for us for us was really quick and smooth - 4 weeks! I've sent you a PM with more details.

Good luck
Viv

Back to top Go down

Post by maureenscot Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:41 pm

Keep us posted Tracie

maureenscot

Back to top Go down

Looking to buy a cave home in galera - Page 2 Empty Our offer

Post by Tracie1963 Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:48 am

Hi everyone

Here is our latest update on our offer on a dream cave house

It appears the elderly owner whom we did not meet appears to have passed away

Bless him our agent has called both landline mobile email and letter

But has got no response, that was in late October

He was a single gentleman and no family or heirs have come forward,

I just hope that he is not lying undescoverd at his home , wherever his home in the uk
Is,
And that in one way or another he has been attended to or if he is still with us he is ok,
And being cared for,

So I do not know what will happen to the cave house if he hasn't made a will ect and no heirs come forward ,

So we will return again in Jan to continue our search,

Tracie

Tracie1963

Back to top Go down

Looking to buy a cave home in galera - Page 2 Empty Looking to buy a cave house

Post by Tracie1963 Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Happy new year all

We are coming out again to cave hunt on 21/1/17 for two wks we have rented a cave from Sean ,

As my prievious update we made an offer on a cave however the owner had sadly passed away and no heirs had come forward ,

Does anyone know what los carronies is like any information would be greatfully recieved,

Thank you all in advance

Tracie

Tracie1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Tala Orchard Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Our sellers made a counter suggestion to our opening offer which we accepted with alacrity. We signed contract provided by Piet who had taken us to Baza to obtain NIE, opened bank account at BMN with Sandra's help and handed over the deposit. Then we had to wait for completion until we had the balance of monies payable which had to come from the sale of the land in UK.

We, too, used Victorio. I understand that he moved to Baza last year and so do not have his contact details handy. He speaks excellent English and I have not heard of any sale or purchase that he has allowed to proceed that has been illegal in some way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tala Orchard
Tala Orchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:03 am

I am glad you are resuming your search and haven't been put off. We live in Los Carriones and also have two cave apartments there and it is great, beautiful scenery - we are right on the campo, not too far off the beaten track, only 5 minutes drive from Castillejar which has everything you need and 20 mins from Huescar. We have a doctors and Emilios cafe/bar is only five mins walk from us - ideal!!. We are really glad we live here and have been here 18 months. Let me know or PM me if you need any more information.

Last edited by Wickers on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolL Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:07 pm

We looked at properties with Sean at the end of July and signed the documents with Victorio mid October, but we were lucky and our offer, after a little negotiation, was accepted.

We looked at cave houses all over the area, went back to look at 4 of them and then made an offer when we were back in the UK, just to give us breathing space and to make sure we were certain. The cave house at the bottom of the list is actually the one we purchased! Just fell in love with it!

We did plan to have it as a holiday home for 10 years but love the place so much that an early retirement is planned.

Are you taking advice and coming over here again, renting in a different village?

CarolL

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracie1963 Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:52 pm

Hello every one

Here is our latest update we listened to all your help and advice and rented and looked at more caves in different areas.
And am pleased to say we have offered on a cave in los carriones it is now in the hands of our lawyer so fingers
Crossed it will proceed smoothly.
Hoping to complete in may.

Tracie1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Congratulations and good luck guys, you are buying in our neighbourhood so if you need anything give us a shout.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracie1963 Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:42 am

Good Evening wickers

Thank you for your message just hope it all goes smoothly,

And if it does hopefully we will meet up at some point

Kind regards

Tracie & Ray

Tracie1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Cullis Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:58 am

Tala Orchard wrote:We, too, used Victorio. I understand that he moved to Baza last year and so do not have his contact details handy.
We visited Victorio in his office in Calle Mayor 3, Campo Camara a few months back but I notice his website also mentions an office in Baza, see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim Cullis
Tim Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lila58 Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:01 pm

We used Rianne Smulders from Oria last year when we bought our 8 caves. We got her name from Piet. Perfect work and all paperwork ok for a very good price. Piet and Sandra are very helpfull.
We visited caves with Piet Queckel from Cuevas Spain and with Nick Wachter from Rusticom.
We finally bought from Piet because he was the one who had the caves for sale we wanted.

Lila58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2