The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green/eco, wholefood and veggie products

+3
mikey
lisa
Cave Bunny
7 posters

Go down

Green/eco, wholefood and veggie products Empty Green/eco, wholefood and veggie products

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:02 pm

As a longterm veggie and green-freak I have noticed that there is a shortfall of affordable eco, green & healthy products in the area. The health food shops are expensive and the supermarkets' stock of edible vegetarian produce and wholefoods is limited.

If I could get hold of eco/wholefood/organic and natural/health products, and vegetarian produce, and supply at good prices, would anybody be interested in purchasing some bits? If so, what products would you be particularly interested in? Please PM me with your responses. Very Happy

Many thanks

Jo
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Green/eco, wholefood and veggie products Empty Re: Green/eco, wholefood and veggie products

Post by lisa Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Tahini

lisa

http://www.welovetechnology.org

Back to top Go down

Green/eco, wholefood and veggie products Empty Re: Green/eco, wholefood and veggie products

Post by mikey Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Lisa, a lady after my own heart, i love tahini used to eat it all the time
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:05 am

Don't forget that Jane in Castillejar sells organic produce. She also supplies us with TVP, organic porridge oats, muesli, cous cous, buckwheat, different flours, oat & wheatbran, puy lentils, Mung & soy beans and the the list goes on! She will be at Sally's next therapy day, first Monday of the month, as always!

I didn't realise there was difficulty getting this stuff... I don't know why, but I presumed people knew.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just copied this from her sales/product leaflet.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:29 am

Personally I have a bit of a logistical issue with getting to and from Castillejar. I would be interested in seeing Jane's pricelist though. I was thinking more of the veggie products, and organic branded products I personally miss, and whatever else anyone wants specifically - I'd have nowhere to store the dried stuffs. I've been looking at healthfood cooperatives, and their prices are extremely good. Sometimes their prices for organic bits are way cheaper than the equivalent standard food item here.

But my main focus would be eco cleaning products, biodegradable personal products, and organic cosmetics and toiletries. Ideally you are supposed to use biodegradable products with pozos, yet there are none here - I'm getting a bit sick of the smell of vinegar for my household cleaning. And the 'green' toiletry products here are either really expensive, or are not actually green and contain alchohol or perfumes, as well as other nasties. We want to be able to reuse our greywater here so we really shouldn't be using standard washing powders etc: although Eco-washballs are available in the healthfood shops in Baza, I can get them for less than half the price. Frustratingly, my household was greener and healthier in London than in the midst of the countryside here. Rolling Eyes

I also have a good supplier for vitamins, supplements, herbs, tinctures, and relevant supplies. You can get them in the healthfood shops, but again they are well over priced IMHO. I have frequently asked the herb man at markets for various bits, but they don't stock them and/or can't supply them at a reasonable price.

I can't be the only one who wants a greener lifestyle, so I thought I'd ask. I'll carry on getting my bulk orders - if anyone wants some specific bits, let me know.

I believe Spicey sells Tahini.

Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:24 am

Cave Bunny wrote: I would be interested in seeing Jane's pricelist though.

You can contact Jane for a current price list via her Holistic Therapies website:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good Luck with your proposals CaveBunny, sounds an great idea.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:47 am

Sounds like a good idea Jo. sunny
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Household cleaning products yes!!!!! Good quality essential oils (the ones from Baza health shop hardly smell of anything).

On the rare occasion we go to Gibralta, vegetarian friends always ask for packets of Beanfeast, regular tofu, veggie sausages or Sosmix, Halloumi cheese and polenta (Spicey can now get polenta) so there's a definate market for these products here. Go for it Jo!

If it was Jane supplying Fusions then her products are really good but where in Castillejar does she sell them?

musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by space man Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:01 pm

Lisa I already sell tahini paste. Spicey

space man

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Those were exactly the products I am missing Muskateera! Lazy veggie stuff. Embarassed

Agreed on the oils - not great quality here and overpriced.

Spicey, I already told them you did Wink
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by space man Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:20 pm

Whoops silly me I didn't read the last line, I missed a tahini bit out. El Spiceo

space man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down