The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marathon time of the year again

3 posters

Go down

Marathon time of the year again Empty Marathon time of the year again

Post by mikey Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:32 pm

I will be finding out by the end of this week if i have a space in the london marathon 2012, this time i will be running for the ABF charity.

All is revealed in this you tube clip.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If i get a place please take time in donating to what must be one of the most important charties in the UK at the moment.

Thankyou
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Marathon time of the year again Empty I have a place in the London Marathon 22nd April 2012 Yippee

Post by mikey Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:37 pm

It has now been confirmed that i do have a place in the marathon running for ABF the soldiers charity, a very worthwhile cause.

My just giving address for anyone wishing to donate is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

About The Soldiers' Charity

We are The Soldiers’ Charity. We give lifetime support to serving and retired soldiers and their families. They risk so much for us, but for them, it’s just doing their job.

In return, we provide financial assistance when they are in real need. That’s what we’ve been here to offer for 66 years.

We have seen a 30% rise over the past two years in applications from soldiers who have taken part in previous and current conflicts and we currently raise £7 million a year to meet this need.

As a result of Current Operations it is anticipated that the requests for assistance will rise significantly in the coming years. It is the aim of The Soldiers’ Charity to increase fundraising to £14 million a year by 2015 to be sure that we can help each and every soldier that needs our help.
We depend entirely on your donations and goodwill to do this.

Please please help this worthwhile cause just like you did this year when i ran the marathon.
Thanyou so much in advance.
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Marathon time of the year again Empty Re: Marathon time of the year again

Post by Boothjendar Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:43 am

Well done Mate great cause, just tried to donate but the site wouldn't accept a Spanish Card so will get in touch with you directly before the event !!!

Good work and happy training !
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks boothy will be training in anger in a few weeks, cant at the moment due to a accident to my coolar bone but will be at it soon.
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:26 am

I have just been kindly given a place in the ABF The Soldiers Charity team to run the London Marathon 2012, and i am looking for your support.

This is a charity close to myself and my family as we have have between us in the last three generations of our family served 66 years in the British Army, which is a funny coincidence as it is also the length of time the charity has been up and running giving invaluable support.

For those of you not familiar with the charity their webpage is below, they are the British Army´s oficcial charity and raise in excess of 7 million a year but due to the ongoing commitiments overseas this amount will need to be alot more.

Below is a statement from their webpage that will explain it better than i ever could.
About The Soldiers' Charity
We are The Soldiers’ Charity. We give lifetime support to serving and retired soldiers and their families. They risk so much for us, but for them, it’s just doing their job.
In return, we provide financial assistance when they are in real need. That’s what we’ve been here to offer for 66 years.
We have seen a 30% rise over the past two years in applications from soldiers who have taken part in previous and current conflicts and we currently raise £7 million a year to meet this need.
As a result of Current Operations it is anticipated that the requests for assistance will rise significantly in the coming years. It is the aim of The Soldiers’ Charity to increase fundraising to £14 million a year by 2015 to be sure that we can help each and every soldier that needs our help.
We depend entirely on your donations and goodwill to do this.
So please please donate and give as much as you can to this extremely hard working and valuable charity. Please send this on to your friends and pass it around your workplace.
Thankyou in advance for your help and support.
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:06 am

Yeah first donation done by Big Col thanks a lot much appreciated
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Please take 31 seconds to watch this clip to see why ABF the soldiers charity is needed. Thanks.

mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:07 pm

mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:16 am

Peaches on cornflakes affraid

Col
bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down