The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
mikey
Blatantadvertising.com
Taught2BCautious
Imagemaker
gilly
Dave
Cave Bunny
sierra_satellites
La Mancha
Helen Barbera
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New member - Page 2 Empty Re: New member

Post by Taught2BCautious Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Helen, I'm pleased to see that you joined Smile I told you to expect a warm welcome!
If you need to know anything, just ask!
Alan.

Taught2BCautious

http://www.bisobodega.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Helen Barbera wrote:
Imagemaker wrote:
Helen Barbera wrote:
Imagemaker wrote:Welcome Helen flower

Thanks Image Maker.
are you also living in a cave in the area? sunny

Hi Helen - yes I live in Galera and have had my cave for 4 years now. This is a lovely area and cave living is the best! I hope you enjoy your visit and find somewhere you like.

All the very best,

Sue

Sooooooooooooo how about a couple of photos of your cave? As I was just saying to Devon Dave.....Im totally fascinated by them and almost addicted to looking at property agents with caves to sell.
Best, Helen flower

Hi Helen,

My cave is for sale! You can take a look here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I do have more photos if you would like to p.m. me. I know all about that addiction by the way lol! flower lol!

Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Another former resident of 'the peoples republic of devon', we live in el margen now and buckfastleigh for many years,
barry and lindy.

Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Welcome Helen, dont listen to Devon Dave he is a torquay united fan behind closed doors, i am not the only united fan there are many of us.
I used to goto a bar in Chapel street, Barry cant remember the name of it, something Arms.

mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:52 am

Watermans!

Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:01 pm

sounds about right to me, is it still there?
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Watermans Arms at Bow Bridge, yep its still there, nice but overpriced. Last time I went was on a summer evening, Sunday at 7pm and they had stopped serving food. scratch
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Barbera Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Imagemaker wrote:
Helen Barbera wrote:
Imagemaker wrote:
Helen Barbera wrote:
Imagemaker wrote:Welcome Helen flower

Thanks Image Maker.
are you also living in a cave in the area? sunny

Hi Helen - yes I live in Galera and have had my cave for 4 years now. This is a lovely area and cave living is the best! I hope you enjoy your visit and find somewhere you like.

All the very best,

Sue

Sooooooooooooo how about a couple of photos of your cave? As I was just saying to Devon Dave.....Im totally fascinated by them and almost addicted to looking at property agents with caves to sell.
Best, Helen flower

Hi Helen,

My cave is for sale! You can take a look here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I do have more photos if you would like to p.m. me. I know all about that addiction by the way lol! flower lol!

Hi there Sue,
Wow !! Congratualtions on your stunning cave!! Absolutely beautiful...though I should say too large [and surely too expensive] for me.
Really like the website too. sorry that youre selling though. Would it be rude to ask why? Surprised

Helen Barbera

Back to top Go down

New member - Page 2 Empty hola amiga

Post by barbara milford Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Hello Helen
you wont regret moving here if you want the slow quiet pace of life , its lovely and friendly. We have been in Spain for 8 years now and love it
take care

barbara milford

http://www.altiplanobanb.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi And welcome.

Yes, once you’ve got the 'cave bug', it is almost impossible to get rid of it (smile). One of the key symptoms of this 'bug' is you try and get your cave fix, when ever possible.

For us, as soon as we returned from one cave holiday, we booked the next. In between we spent hours and hours abd hours, albino looking at caves for sale on the internet. Until we realised we had to have one!

It took four years from discovering caves to becoming cave dwellers. We are now coming up to our third year as cave dwellers and not a day goes by, that we don’t pinch ourselves and count our lucky stars for discovering these amazing houses. cheers
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi Helen
Welcome to the Forum
Ann
Ann

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:44 pm

No Dave! Watermans Arms in Buckfastleigh.
Was owned by the family that made cider that also owned the Keyberry in Newton Abbot.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Cant remember the Keyberry in Newton, the best thing about Newton abbott was the chip shop above the fishmongers, i prefer to drink in Abbottskerswell when i am down there for a footie game.
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Barbera Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:17 pm

santamaria wrote:Hi And welcome.

Yes, once you’ve got the 'cave bug', it is almost impossible to get rid of it (smile). One of the key symptoms of this 'bug' is you try and get your cave fix, when ever possible.

For us, as soon as we returned from one cave holiday, we booked the next. In between we spent hours and hours abd hours, albino looking at caves for sale on the internet. Until we realised we had to have one!

It took four years from discovering caves to becoming cave dwellers. We are now coming up to our third year as cave dwellers and not a day goes by, that we don’t pinch ourselves and count our lucky stars for discovering these amazing houses. cheers
Yes I certaibly intend to come and visit the area and to stay [ in a cave siguro] for quite a while before I would ever consider buying a cave to live in.....but it already really really looks as though it will be the way forward for me in the future. Still got a while to work out here in Botswana yet though.....probably another 18 months. Then hope to take some time to check things out. Are you living in La Galera/ Huescar or another area?
Thanks for your communication. Much appreciated. Cant wait to see what theyre really like.............
lol! Helen PS how about a few photos of your wonderful cave?????? sunny

Helen Barbera

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Barbera Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Ann wrote:Hi Helen
Welcome to the Forum
Thanks a bunch.
do you live in a cave? And if so, where? sunny

Helen Barbera

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Barbera Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:22 pm

barbara milford wrote:Hello Helen
you wont regret moving here if you want the slow quiet pace of life , its lovely and friendly. We have been in Spain for 8 years now and love it
take care
slower, friendly, lots of laughs with friends and lots of time to go walking in the mountains and watching the birds....... Like a Star @ heaven

Helen Barbera

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:09 pm

I live in the sleepy hamlet of Fuente Nueva, not far from Galera and Huescar.

The hamlet sits on what was once a vaste pre-historic lake, where the remains of many pre-historic, great mammals have been found. We are surrounded by the most amazing scenery and you can walk or cycle for miles into the Campo, (countryside) local forest or mountains and not see a soul. Well maybe the odd goat herder.
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sierra_satellites Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 pm

I agree with Santamaria, although she is underselling the area in a bid to keep it as it is. They offer wonderful hospitality there too. Very Happy
sierra_satellites
sierra_satellites

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Barbera Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Cave Bunny wrote:Yes Helen, it's fairly accurate, although my eyes are grey green, not blue. My belly is quite fat, but I have smaller feet. It was the closest I could get. This is also a good likeness... albino but thankfully my teeth aren't as big.

Benamaurel is very nice and convenient for Baza. Actually, almost everywhere is nice in the Altiplano.
sunny

Like the ideas Cave Bunny. This is me.....maybe..... and always wishing I had a cave!
lol! study cherry

Helen Barbera

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Barbera Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:52 pm

santamaria wrote:I live in the sleepy hamlet of Fuente Nueva, not far from Galera and Huescar.

The hamlet sits on what was once a vaste pre-historic lake, where the remains of many pre-historic, great mammals have been found. We are surrounded by the most amazing scenery and you can walk or cycle for miles into the Campo, (countryside) local forest or mountains and not see a soul. Well maybe the odd goat herder.
Sounds totally fab! How about some photos of your cave/area for me to drool at? pirat

Helen Barbera

Back to top Go down

Post by Gayle Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi Barbara, welcome to the forum, here's a piccie of our side of Fuente Nueva taken a couple of days ago, even more beautiful in the winter when it snows!

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Gayle
Gayle

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Barbera Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Gayle wrote:Hi Barbara, welcome to the forum, here's a piccie of our side of Fuente Nueva taken a couple of days ago, even more beautiful in the winter when it snows!

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Thanks its quite lovely! However. for me, the snow can stay decently up on the sierras where it belongs!! sunny

Helen Barbera

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2