The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPANISH LESSONS

+2
Dave
Ken
6 posters

Go down

SPANISH LESSONS  Empty SPANISH LESSONS

Post by Ken Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:30 am

I said in an earlier post that I would let people know when the Free Spanish lesson start.
Yesterday I had a meeting with the Director of Adult Education for the region. He is responsible for the towns of Baza, Benamaurel, Cüllar, Caniles, Cortes De Baza, Cuevas Del Campo, Freila, Zújar and Bácor.
Registration for lessons, in all towns, will take place on Wednesday 15th September at 6pm in the Adult Institute in Baza. The address is CEPER MARIA DE LUNA, Sor Florencia,3, Baza. Directions: Park in the Old Railway Station , C/Ronda, cross the road at the lights and descend the two flights of steps in the general direction of "Bank Street". At the bottom of the second flight the Institute is immediatey on your right. Enter the gate turn left and the office is on the first floor. For those who find negotiating two flights of steps (Like me), access can be made closer to the building, but parking is at a premium.
Indications are that lessons will definately be held in Baza, Cúllar,Benamaurel and Freila. The other towns will dependant on numbers registering.So if you live in one of those areas and want the lessons there, encourage your friends to register on 15th.and they may have lessons if there is the support. (Huescar comes under another authority, I am told there will definately be free lessons available there and the teacher is a fantastic lady called Laura, she is contactable at the Education Centre. I don´t knoe the contact details, but the should be available at the Ayuntemiento9
ALL of the teachers are qualified and from past experience I have found them to be helpful, supportive and motivational, especially for shy or nervous students. There will be different levels available dependant on ability. In addition to lessons they organise trips, outings, competitions with Spanish students, (not obligatory).
GOOD LUCK

Ken

Back to top Go down

SPANISH LESSONS  Empty Re: SPANISH LESSONS

Post by Dave Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:40 am

Excellent post! Well done Ken, for going to all that trouble to find out such detailed information. Lets hope many people take advantage of this.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:28 am

Done

Ken

Back to top Go down

SPANISH LESSONS  Empty Free Spanish Lessons for Foreigners

Post by Cullarfamily Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks for the info - went to Adult Education Centre and duly enrolled.

Just had my first lesson which is taught by the Education Centre's Director. A very patient man!! There are only 12 of us! So for anybody else who wants to learn the lingo, the lessons are on a Monday and Wednesday morning from 11am til 1pm at the Adult Education Centre. I'm sure there would be no problem if you just turned up.

Cullarfamily

Back to top Go down

SPANISH LESSONS  Empty Huescar

Post by dianenglenn Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 am

we went to education centre, 10 am we were told to go, informed by the lady there that classes start on 4th October at adult education centre, had to leave copies of passport and NIE, told to return at 10:30 on 4th. hope this helps others in huescar area.

dianenglenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cullarfamily Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Dianenglenn

Sorry to hear that you were turned away. The lessons have definitely started, the first one was on Monday. I'm going back in tomorrow for lesson number 2. If you would like I will try and find out why they informed you that the lessons start on 4 October, because there are people in the class from the Galera area.

Heather

Cullarfamily

Back to top Go down

Post by Cullarfamily Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Had lesson number 2. New people did turn up and we were all asked to do our matriculacion (enrolment). Had already done mine but there were people in the class that hadn't. I'm not sure that they will accept anybody else now. Perhaps the lessons that start on 4 October are actually in Huescar? Our teacher didn't seem to know anything about other lessons taking place. Sorry - not much help. Third lesson on Monday but no lesson on Wednesday 29th 'cos of the strike taking place.

Cullarfamily

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:49 pm

I have been told that there are definately Lessons in Huescar and the teacher is Laura.
With regard to Bernamaurel, They have started and are daily, Monday to Thursday 4 - 5pm. It is possible that the times could be amended to suit students if enough attend.
If you want to enroll at Benamaurel pm me for directions or my tel number.
There is still room for more students.
Ken

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by traineetrog Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:57 pm

How does lesson eligibilty work? Do you have to go to your nearest centre or do you pick the date and location which is most convenient?
traineetrog
traineetrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Where do you live? You will need your NIE Number when you register. Some centres seem to be quite full.
Baza is a good bet Monday and Wednesday 11am to 1pm, Tuesday and Thursday 6 -8pm.
Huescar is starting on 4th October at 4.30pm, I believe
What level of Spanish are you at?
Let me know and I will see what is available near you.

Ken

Back to top Go down

SPANISH LESSONS  Empty huescar

Post by dianenglenn Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:13 am

we were told ¨10:30 am for huescar classes

diane and glenn

dianenglenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndyloo Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:32 am

I hope it is 10:30 for Huescar classes ´cos that is when I´m going.
Lyndyloo
Lyndyloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down