The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sierras Magazine

+6
Lyndyloo
cueva ventosa
santamaria
sierra_satellites
pebbles
The Sierras
10 posters

Go down

The Sierras Magazine Empty The Sierras Magazine

Post by The Sierras Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Apologies this got onto the forum before I was able to put it on, but I wanted to let everyone know that needed to know, before I went public with announcing my decision to close the magazine.

I would like to say that my decision has not been made in haste and I have been considering it for some time now (nearly 12 months). During the last few months some of the other advertisers have closed their businesses, which, in turn has had an effect on the magazine in terms of advertising as well as the distribution points. With another business closing shortly (Little Britain) this will also be the loss of another business and distribution point and going forwards there would simply not enough funding for me to continue.

I have really enjoyed doing the magazine over the last couple of years on my own and I hope that everyone has enjoyed reading the articles that have come and gone, as well as the debates which have raised interesting discussion and of course any information that has been available to me that I have been able to pass on.

I wont be passing the magazine onto another person to run purely for one reason. Wendy and I started this together and when Wendy returned to the UK I said I would continue alone. I believe the magazine has kept a good reputation over the last few years and to be honest I do not want someone else to come along, take it over, then for it all to go wrong and my name gets dragged into it, because Wendy and I will always be associated with The Sierras.

In answer to Ken's posting, I am aware that Fusions have talked about a new magazine and I was in speaking to Carol at the weekend. I am hoping that it will still happen as they have the backing of the Town Hall in Baza and will hopefully have the funding (which I have lacked) to get a magazine off the ground....so I wish Carol and Lisa the best of luck. It really is a lovely calming information centre to visit if you are visiting Baza!

Meantime, I will keep the online site going for the time being as I know this raises interest from the UK, and see what progresses from there...

So to close, I would like to thank advertisers past and present for their support - you are the ones that kept it going this long.

I would also like to thank the readers and contributors especially Sue Neilson and Brian Deller who have been regular writers for the magazine.

I am fortunate because I do have other work so I will now be able to concentrate my efforts in this area instead.

Bye for now.

Best wishes.

Lorraine

The Sierras

Back to top Go down

The Sierras Magazine Empty Re: The Sierras Magazine

Post by pebbles Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Very Happy as I said before all the best Lorraine xx
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sierra_satellites Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:31 pm

As I have said before. Thanks for your efforts and I hope the future is good to you all. Maybe see you for a coffee when I'm in the area. Very Happy
sierra_satellites
sierra_satellites

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:29 pm

Myself and hubby have really enjoyed the Sierras, both from the articles and adverts. A very good quality magazine. A real shame to see it go but fully understand and wish Lorraine all he best. Besos xx
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cueva ventosa Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:55 pm

I agree with the comments made by Santamaria and will especially miss the articles by Sue Neilson we have followed a few of the trips she has suggested and they have been great. Good luck for the future and thank you for keeping it going for as long as you could.

cueva ventosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndyloo Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:11 pm

I agree with all the comments made by Santamaria. We always used to look for a copy of Sierras every month and will really miss reading the articles. It was thanks to a Sierra article that we found the pool at Alicun.
Lyndyloo
Lyndyloo

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi Loraine

Again Im sorry, but youve done well, and I know we Euromover were a good advertizer for the Sierras but just like you, we felt that enough is enough, It may all turn arround in a few years but we like you, decided that its best to recoup and fight another day.

We gave it a good go didnt we, both of us one of the longest running!!

All the best

and good luck for the future

Col xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Sorry you are unable to continue. Looked forward to reading your mag each month. Full of useful information. Good luck in your future endeavours.
Cats-R-Us
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by cazcove Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Lorraine

The end of something good (again), your magazine will be strongly missed.

Take Care Lisa & Carol (Fusions)

cazcove

Back to top Go down

The Sierras Magazine Empty adios sierras

Post by barbara milford Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi Lorraine
sorry your mag had to finish ,such an excellent read each month, it will be missed. Good luck with all your other work, take care and see you soon

barbara milford

http://www.altiplanobanb.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down