The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving day problem

2 posters

Go down

Moving day problem Empty Moving day problem

Post by medianige Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:12 pm

I'm going to be moving permanently to Benamaurel next April-May and have been sorting lots of things out. It would seem that removals firms are ascairt of the incline to my cave... for those that know it, it is steep but I would have thought not especially so. The trailer overhang is what they are worried about. I'm hoping that we may have the track made into a 'road' in time (I have planning consent etc., just waiting for confirmation - or not - from a builder) which would obviously help, but if not, my question(s) are

How easy is it to hire a trailer - I have an ex-MoD 90 with a nato hitch, and

does anyone have a car/trailer they would be willing to let me hire for a day to get the larger items of furniture (plus a humongous bike) from the bottom road to the door?

The removals men will hump the stuff from big van to shuttle to cave, no muscle required!!!
medianige
medianige

Back to top Go down

Moving day problem Empty Re: Moving day problem

Post by Ken Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:47 pm

I know who you bought your property through, When we have encountered this problem before we have used a local farmer with his trailer.
Ask your Agent they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by medianige Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Ken

I didn't go through an agent, it was a privately arranged sale/purchase, but thank you for the suggestion. I shall look into it, though from getting there to getting our things might only be a few days!

medianige
medianige

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down