The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pork pies, steak pasties and chilli & polenta pies.

+3
PEDRO JAMES
Twisted Fire Starter
musketeera
7 posters

Go down

Pork pies, steak pasties and chilli & polenta pies. Empty Pork pies, steak pasties and chilli & polenta pies.

Post by musketeera Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Available from Monday to Wednesday in Vista, Baza are hand made pork pies, pasties and fresh strawberry tarts.

The pork pies are made from pork shoulder and the steak for the pasties and chilli pies is skirt steak, all of which has been trimmed of fat - Sorry to those who like the fat left in.

If anyone requires the large pork pies which serve 6 - 8 please let me know before Saturday.

Thanks. Very Happy
musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Pork pies, steak pasties and chilli & polenta pies. Empty Re: Pork pies, steak pasties and chilli & polenta pies.

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Any chance of spicy pork pies? Definitely interested in the large ones for one, ahem, I mean 6-8! Twisted Evil
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Pork pies, steak pasties and chilli & polenta pies. Empty Re: Pork pies, steak pasties and chilli & polenta pies.

Post by musketeera Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Ah that's how we like them, on a scale of 1 being mild to 10 blowing your socks off how d'you like them?

Can be ready for Sunday if you fancy.
musketeera
musketeera

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:32 pm

I'll take two large please, one @ 5/10 the other @ 8/10 Twisted Evil Sunday sounds good to me, Benny Mkt? I guess I'd better take a couple of Strawberry Tarts too so the missus has got something to peck at Very Happy
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:39 pm

I have just been advised to ask two crucial questions! How much and how big are the tarts? If they're tartlet size then two is good, if they're like dinner plate size then I'll take just the one please.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 pm

The pork pies are 4.50 € each and 20cm in diameter and 8cm in height - ish,
the strawberry tarts are 1.50 € each and 8cm in diameter. The pork pies freeze really well if you can't plough your way though them both Very Happy

If that's OK with you, let me know what time on Sunday via the MP bit.
musketeera
musketeera

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:04 pm

I,ll see you sunday for a chat...I love a good tart especially with plenty of filling
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:13 pm

A friend of mine gave me one of your pork pies today. Ive gotta say its the nicest pork pie ive ever had, and ive had a few! Wink
Pedro, youre right, you cant beat a good tart (well not legaly anyway). Rolling Eyes
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Tarts make the world go round lol..and they keep you from getting hungry Laughing
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:57 am

Really pleased you enjoyed the pie Dave, sorry to have shattered your illusion that I'm not a little old lady - It was lovely to meet you both at the market, sorry I was in such a rush.

Pedro I shall keep an eye out for you at Benamaurel market - will you be stripped to the waist and wearing a pirate scarf?
musketeera
musketeera

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 am

I can't remember if I asked about taking a couple of the veggies scotch eggs too, but if I didn't, could I please?
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Please wear the pirate outfit on Sunday Pedro. It will make my week! (along with veggie scotch eggs)

farao
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 am

I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my two pork pies this week. Delicious crust, firm and tasty meaty innards without gristle and a nice spicy twist. Twisted Evil Will definitely be coming back for more. Thank you.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Really pleased you enjoyed them, were they hot enough chilli wise? On the 8 I used 4 different peppers but as I mentioned baking subdues the spice sometimes and I didn't want to over do it. cherry I know it's a cherry but it looks like a chilli!
musketeera
musketeera

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:27 pm

I personally would say the 8 was more like a 4 and the 5 a 2, but please don't take offence as that's my masochistic side talking. Twisted Evil What may be worth a go is the Cayenne Pepper from the jars, that stuff kicks out some serious spice and seems to get spicier when cooked. affraid
Whatever spicing ingredient you utilise next I'll definitely be back for more. Twisted Evil
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:37 pm

No offence taken at all that's what I need to know, I used 4 chinese tri color,1 scotch bonnet, 2 birds eye & an aji limo which is normally what I'd put in a Vindaloo type curry but I'll get some cayenne and give it a go tomorrow - Thanks for that. Very Happy
musketeera
musketeera

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:41 pm

I am expecting my eyes to bleed next time please, no pain no gain. Twisted Evil
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by turner Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Matilda,
Just want to let you know, our "ordinary" pork pie was delicious, we'll be back to sample more of your wares!

turner

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 pm

turner wrote:Matilda,
Just want to let you know, our "ordinary" pork pie was delicious, we'll be back to sample more of your wares!

Oh good, really nice to meet you both and just drop me a line when you fancy another - I am going to make the tiramisu cake for Vista on Monday so if your passing you can have a slice laced with real booze drunken
musketeera
musketeera

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:04 pm

You have a new fan of your jammy doughnuts too! Alejandro sat quite happily today munching through one! pig
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down