The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Alarm

5 posters

Go down

Fire Alarm Empty Fire Alarm

Post by Ponderosa Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:57 pm

I am always telling you to get a FIRE ALARM not asking you. When I was only a very young boy living in London we had a fire in the house in the night my farther saved all our lives, he was on the front page of the Telegraph the head line read “The man who kept his head” Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Fire Alarm Empty Re: Fire Alarm

Post by Dave Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Very good advice Peter, but go one better and get a smoke detector with a Co2 alarm combined.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi Dave, I agree with you and if some of you have the time, have a look at this Web Site click on some of the boxes. I found it interesting hope you will.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Totally agree

Lives lost in boat fires recently

We have 2 cas detectors
3 fire alarms
3 extinguishers
1 fire blanket
have to have them by law, and they get inspected every four years

Our neighbours know when I get up in the mornings, when I make my self some toast. Lol

Be safe. Don't make toast!!!

Big Col

bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:08 pm

The fire alarm just went off in our hallway my wife was cooking the evening meat, she had gone to answer the phone and forgot she had put some bread on the hob to warm, lots of smoke, she opened the window and I turned on the fan. Still all is well that ends well. No fire, so you see how easily these things happen.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:07 pm

We bought our two leather lounge settees in Antwerp Belgium from a family, their son and future daughter in law were in the process of furnishing a house they had bought. Their son went to the garage at the house on a Sunday morning to fit a new radio he had bought for their car, it was a cold morning so he closed the door and left the car running to warm the garage this cost him his life.

Carbon killer

As for carbon monoxide – the silent killer – many people don't realise just how many appliances can release the deadly gas. Forgetting to maintain these appliances can lead to potentially lethal levels of carbon monoxide being released. "Carbon monoxide poisoning can be prevented by proper care and use of household equipment, such as stoves and heaters," explains Rebecca. "Homes with attached garages are at increased risk because vehicles left running can cause the gas to seep into the home. Symptoms can include headaches, dizziness, nausea and breathlessness. Having a carbon monoxide alarm is highly recommended."
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Thought you would be interested about a couple who live between Cantarranas and Baza, his wife went to house sit for someone he stead an home in their cave, some two or three days she phoned him a few times with no reply so she went home to the cave and found there had been a fire and he was died in bed his body was ok but he had died from the smoke. No fire alarm of cause.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:42 pm

I heard about this a little while ago, it must have been a hell of a shock. Sad...

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:39 am

I prefer to have a separate smoke and CO2 detector, that way if one fails the other should still be working and protecting. We also have a variety of extinguishers, powder, water, foam and CO2 ready to tackle any fire, and I do like a fire Twisted Evil
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Twisted Fire Starter wrote:I prefer to have a separate smoke and CO2 detector, that way if one fails the other should still be working and protecting. We also have a variety of extinguishers, powder, water, foam and CO2 ready to tackle any fire, and I do like a fire Twisted Evil

Just to think if we had known you when I working for Esso refinery at Fawley I would not have had to go through all that fire drill training, telling the public not to try to fight a fire just get out of the building and leave it to the professionals and thinking back crawling round in those smock sheds and tunnels in fireman’s gear with mask and oxygen tank. What a waste of time.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down