The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Cave House

5 posters

Go down

Our Cave House Empty Our Cave House

Post by Ponderosa Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:32 pm

If you want a fantastic view over mountains our cave has it.
Perfect curb appeal (Only thing we do not have a curb).
The entrance is very good.
Mains electric and water supply plus own water well and we use bottled gas.
The electric and water meters are read from outside the property.
The front view on the property makes you feels good.
A normal 8x4 meter size swimming pool. I am told if you have a larger size pool by law you need to have a life guard
The property is north east facing, it is always cheaper to heat a house than to cool one. We do not use or need Air-conditioning.
We have very few Flies in or outside the cave house as it is not near a farm.
The ceilings are high enough so that you do not have to bend yet low enough to keep the place warm.
We have no problems with damp which I am told some caves have.
Double garage which keeps the cars cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
A Hospital is seven minutes’ drive away, sometimes in life you do need this (I had my left knee replaced and a cyst removed from my prostrate. Perfect job done. (Very good Baza Hospital)
When returning from town it is only five meters walk from the car to the toilet and only eight meters to carry the groceries to the kitchen.
(Our place FOR SALE). Because being oldies we now need a smaller place.

Thought the world is short of money.
Baza is spending money like there is no tomorrow.

Posting in The Cave Living Forum.
Sport Complex by cazcove on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:40 pm

I read in the Spanish paper yesterday that a new sports complex is being built in Baza
it is in Avenida Jose Selinas that is the humpy road by Lidl leading to the Benamaurel road

The Baza Council have been allocated 30 million euros to spend on the town sport complex it is the only town in Spain to so far receive this payment

In the same road I am told they will also be building a new big Mercadona, a Lidl and a couple of new shops will be opening on the other side of the road.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Our Cave House Empty Re: Our Cave House

Post by Lyndyloo Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi Peter can you pm me with more details like price and photos etc. We´re looking to move too
Lyndyloo
Lyndyloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 pm

Peter´s house is nice and will sell one day, hopefully to help them realise their dreams.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:41 am

Peters house has been on the Market quite a while now,like so may others in the area.

Whether the house is over priced, or not I dont know but there are many houses that havent sold after 5 years or more

Surely if there are no buyers at the moment, it will never sell until the Market changes

If a house was bought when the exchange rate was 1.5 to the pound

Then if you bought a house 4 years ago for 150,000 euros it cost 100'000 Stirling

Today the rate is now more or less 1 to 1

So to sell a house for the same as you bought it in euros, you would be making a profit of 50,000if returning to UK!! which in this climate it is imposible to do

In reality if you would be selling the house today,you could sell the house for a discount of 50'000 and not be any worse off! 100000 euros = 100000 stirling

On top of that then you need to take on board that there is a financial crisis, and countries and people are having to deal with less income and everything is devalued

So onto of the 100'000 there also should be a heavy discount as the whole world housing Market has dropped in average by a third!!

So a house bought for 100'000 Stirling when in it's high, would in the average should be put on the market for let's say 75'000, meaning a loss of 25'000
Which with the rate equals in euros 75000.
Talking in euros that would be 150000 euro down to 75000 euro
But in Stirling that be only 25000 loss which in turn in the Uk will buy a equivalent house which you could have bought 5 years earlier.

Everyone in the world is having to take a loss,surely the whole game is to get where you want to be,

The above is if folks want to move to anyothe country, I think dollars you be a lot better off

the above confused me!!!, so if anyone can explain it better please feel free
colxx

Last edited by bigcol on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : confused)
bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 am

Quote Big Col: "The above is if folks want to move to anyothe country, I think dollars you be a lot better off

the above confused me!!!, so if anyone can explain it better please feel free
colxx"

Col, you are so funny!! You've made my day. lol!
Sue xx

Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:54 pm

I do try Sue !

Must try harder though

Lol

Col xxxxxxxx
bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down