The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog walkers wanted for Saturday/Sunday mornings

3 posters

Go down

Dog walkers wanted for Saturday/Sunday mornings Empty Dog walkers wanted for Saturday/Sunday mornings

Post by Cave Bunny Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Thank you so much to all those who have come down to dog walk, and especially to those who are doing so regularly. I love you As a result the guys at the refuge are now able to spend more time developing plans for the Association and focussing on essential fund-raising and rehoming, as well as being able to give more focussed care to the dogs. bounce

In addition, the dogs, many of which have survived awful circumstances, are more confident and trusting in humans. For example, just a few weeks back I wrote about the young pup which came in on the end of a dog-catcher’s pole and cowered in the corner snarling at all that approached; she is now approaching the cage bars to meet people and kissing those same fingers that reach to touch her - it is such a joy to see! She cannot be handled yet, but with time this too will improve. The more people the dogs meet, the better. I love you

Can you spare a couple of hours a week
?
The weekdays are pretty well organised now and we have a good routine in place. However, we are still very short of walkers for the weekend. Could you manager a couple of hours on a Saturday or Sunday morning 10-12 on a regular basis to walk some doggies and cuddle some pups? In particular, Sundays are a real problem and at present there is one Spanish chap who does all the dogs on his own. The weekend volunteers could really do with some extra helping hands.

We understand your time is valuable, and although we cannot offer you payment, the rewards are numerous: you will make new friends, both furry and non-furry; receive untold canine-cuddles and love; improve your Spanish by interacting with the Spanish volunteers; integrate into the community; receive exercise and fresh air, and potentially lose weight; feel-good about yourself and build your confidence. We only ask that you are fit and strong, and over 18 years old. sunny

Please call me on 620 98 60 59 if you are able to help, or send me a PM.

Many thanks

Jo flower
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Dog walkers wanted for Saturday/Sunday mornings Empty Re: Dog walkers wanted for Saturday/Sunday mornings

Post by mikey Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:16 pm

If i lived nearer Jo i would be there every sunday
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Dog walkers wanted for Saturday/Sunday mornings Empty Re: Dog walkers wanted for Saturday/Sunday mornings

Post by Cave Bunny Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 am

Thank you Mikey.

That same pup I spoke of had her first walk last night and allowed volunteers to hug her. She is the little black one and her name is Lucky. Here she is looking like hugs are what she has had every day of her little life. Her sister, the blonde pup, was as bad and is now desperate to play all the time.

I am so overwhelmed to see this picture this morning. It is fantastic. Sad Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I cannot describe just how wild and frightened and angry these little pups were. 2 months later here they both are.

It just goes to show what patience and love and understanding can achieve.

Thank you so much to all the volunteers. You are fantastic. xxx

p.s. Clive & Lesley, please come and live here permanently xx Wink

Last edited by Cave Bunny on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit)
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesley Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi Jo

We would love to come and live there permanently just not the right circumstances at the moment. Crying or Very sad It was really great to help out with the dogs even though it was for such a short time. We are really pleased that the two little nervous pups have responded so well to some TLC the more handling they get the more confident they will become and I'm sure will eventually make great pets.

PS. Don't forget if you decide on your Fete / fun day let us know and we can give you some ideas for fun doggy events.
Lesley
Lesley

http://l.allington1@ntlworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:29 pm

I walked the two nervous ones today - we didn't go far, but we had an explore and a play! Such a delight! It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for your act of courage and faith on their behalf.
xxx
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesley Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 pm

That's great Jo.

Thanks must go to Mat who's idea it was on Saturday to take them out for the first time. Hope you get lots of volunteers for walking at the weekends.

x

Lesley
Lesley

http://l.allington1@ntlworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down