The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swimming Pool

+4
Blatantadvertising.com
Dave
gilly
DogLover
8 posters

Go down

Swimming Pool Empty Swimming Pool

Post by DogLover Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Just wondering when the swimming pool in Huescar opens (the newly built one outside)? Not ideal for swimming lengths but it is the closest they have to one around here. Unless there are any proper swimming pools near by but i have never seen one and unfortunally baza and cullar are too far for me to cycle to!

Thanks

DogLover

Back to top Go down

Swimming Pool Empty Re: Swimming Pool

Post by gilly Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Most pools in the area dont open till schools are off for summer! usually some time in June. Someone on the forum will know for sure!!
gilly
gilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi Doglover, we thought we'd lost you. Glad youve returned. sunny
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:46 am

What about the Laguna de Fuencaliente? Open all year and natural, as long as you dont mind the fish.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:00 pm

new outdoor pool Huescar , that sounds good, what sort of size is it and what's it's location?
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DogLover Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:12 pm

santamaria wrote:new outdoor pool Huescar , that sounds good, what sort of size is it and what's it's location?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is located on the road leading out of Huescar, ermm the A-326. Past the El Ovalo building and the turning for the swimming pool is opposite that go karting place or atleast i think that is what it is with all the tires. Anyway i am rubbish with directions so there is the road and i have put arrows to the sign and the road up to it and i have circled the building in the distance. It is pretty good, the building with it has changing rooms and stuff, really nice. Proper good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DogLover

Back to top Go down

Post by DogLover Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Yeah good idea actually. Only problem is that it is very cold even in summer but apart from that i could give it a go!
Blatantadvertising.com wrote:What about the Laguna de Fuencaliente? Open all year and natural, as long as you dont mind the fish.

DogLover

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:20 pm

most excellent, now that's a swimming pool, can't wait to test it out. bounce
santamaria
santamaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Galera's excellent pool opens the first week of the school holidays - however, if they are so inclined, it may open earlier! sunny
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MUNICIPAL POOL HUÉSCAR:

I went over last week to have a look and see if I could see an opening date, (which I could not). The pool as informed by Dog Lover is opposite the old go-cart track, on the road leading out of Huescar, or in if coming from Castril direction, on the A 326

As you can possibility make out, from the picture I took, this great new facility consists of three pools. The first, being the smallest, for children under five years, the second is a lagoon pool like at Castillejar, with a central fountain and the third a massive oblong shaped pool.

Facilities: life guards, bar, restaurant, changing rooms and plenty of lawned areas to place your towels. From what I saw there will be plenty of shaded areas in time but the trees will need a few more years to offer this.

I imagine opening will link in with the school holidays, which I think ?? are a couple of weeks away. bounce
santamaria
santamaria

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Well hubby and myself visited the new Municipal Pool, Huescar, for the first time, last weekend and all I can say is FAB, FAB, FAB and FAB again,

I didn’t think anything could beat the amazing pool experience, of the Lagoon Pool, at Los Olivos but for us I think this, defo equalled it.

A really mega setting, surrounded by the most amazing scenery and for us, a much shorter drive than Los Olivos. Great changing and toilet facilities, life guards and for those with very young children, a shallow paddling pool. Entry was 3 euros for adults. Something we found thre was Sun-loungers for those that get hurty bums, lying on grass after a few hours, these are great .

NOTE however for those looking for a restaurant experience, there is a cafe bar, as opposed to a restaurant on-site.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
santamaria
santamaria

Back to top Go down

Swimming Pool Empty Happy splashing but no bombing

Post by lisa Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Cullar pool is fantastic - it is the last left turn off the main road past all bars and signposted. Bar just outside pool entrance unfortunately but there is a huge kids pool with loads of lawn and shade and larger pool for the crazies. Try not to march to the middle of this one holding a toddler to get to the platform as there is a big dip that will take you in over your heads. I managed to stop. Good trampoline if your kids any energy left at the bar too. Usual prices 1.50 euro adults and free for under 2s. They have aqua aerobics Monday and friday 8pm till 9pm. Check first though if you can.

Just been to Benamaurel pool too which is really clean and modern - they have 3 ouungers and the pool is really nicely sloped no step in so good for kids.The bar is run by nice friendly folks and if you get there early for aft session at 3pm you might as we did today have it to yourself for an hour.

Happy splashing but no bombing x

lisa

http://www.welovetechnology.org

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:32 pm

my favourite is still the pool at Cortes de Baza. Quite often we have had it to ourselves about 3pm it gets busy about 6pm

2.50 adults and 50c for kids under 3 not sure about the other price for kids under 12 years

gradual slope for little kids.

Shaded area, grassy area, volleyball court, play area
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down