The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drinking Water

3 posters

Go down

Drinking Water Empty Drinking Water

Post by Ponderosa Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:34 pm

I spent 4 years working with the EU (Without pay) to get drinking water to the Costa Blanca.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Drinking Water Empty Re: Drinking Water

Post by Dave Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Tell us more Peter.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Drinking Water Empty Scale Units

Post by Ponderosa Sat May 15, 2010 3:22 pm

First picture shows the problem we were having with Scale I was having in Denia. The second shows the succes I got with the electronic scale units but there again the cow boys were around selling little boxes with bits of wire and some of the public fell for it as it was half the price of the real thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 pm

I have worked on desalination water treatment plants and later in Belgium we had our own a company installing units to stop sale forming and reforming on domestic and industrial equipment when I had supposedly retired at the age of 60 I came to live in Denia.
In a very short time it was obvious that there was a lot wrong with the water on the Costa Blanca, so I started work (Unpaid), did articles in the local papers and on the local radio stations, after a time I got the backing of the EU in Brussels.
It took me 4 years hard work before I made a difference fighting local water companies and so called water treatment companies, two of which were fighting each other for business installing reverse osmosis and water softeners units incorrectly, in time one left the area the other which imported units from America threatened to take me to court, I sent 3 pages of the EU water directives to the company in America and they stopped supplying units, the company which had been installing them went into selling water beds.
I managed to get 8 mayors called into Madrid after proving the water companies in their areas had been telling lies. To cut a long story short I managed to get the desalination plant in Denia up graded, a large desalination plant built in Javea, and two small new desalination plants built in Moraira, a deposit tank in Benidoleig which was chlorinated 600 times over the EU directives we found out that the local police man had the job of chlorinating the water he had putting it all in, in one go, we moved to Ondara and in one year we had drinking water after 15 years owing to the fact the water had been too high in nitrate. This is just to name a few.
According to EU directives the town halls must show on their notice boards the laboratory test of the potable water.
The public were then angry because they had to pay more for their water.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:30 pm

That is so interesting Peter. You must have got a lot of satisfaction from your achievements and I enjoyed reading about your experiences.

Sue
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down