The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water rates

+2
Rosie
miron
6 posters

Go down

Water rates Empty Water rates

Post by miron Sun May 22, 2011 6:29 pm

We´re on the town water supply, and I wondered if we should be doing something in order to get water rates or the equivalent? (Not that I want any bills, but don´t want to get 4 years in arrears to pay in the future!) The water supply was already on when we bought the cave, and a local plumber did all the work. Thanks!

miron

Back to top Go down

Water rates Empty Re: Water rates

Post by Rosie Sun May 22, 2011 9:33 pm

When we first moved here (Los Olivos) we were told that the townhall would eventually send a bill. Like you, we were a tad concerned about the possibility of a whopping great accumulated water bill dropping on our mat.

Eventually the townhall did begin sending bi-monthly utilities bills (which includes water rates and rubbish collections) and they insisted that as it was their place to issue the bill, no back payment would be requested, & none was.

We did keep checking with the townhall and reminding them that we weren't paying. I am quite sure they thought we were mad!

I think it works out about 12.50 a month?

Keep nagging them. They'll think you are mad as well!!
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Sun May 22, 2011 11:52 pm

We pay just over 24 euro for water, rubbish collection etc however Castillejar town hall only seem to apply the charge randomly ie 3 times last year and so far this year only once. It comes straight out of our bank by DD when they can be bothered.
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Mon May 23, 2011 3:25 pm

I did pay something last autumn called IBI RÚSTICA - the bill came to the previous owner and is for a bigger parcel of land than that which we bought from them (there was a legal segregation), but the ayuntamiento advised me to pay it anyway while they sorted it out. Is that the same thing as utilities or is it something else?
I think I´ll call in to the town hall anyway!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Mon May 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Your IBI is the Spanish Council Tax and doesn't include your Water or Rubbish its normally paid by the end of each Oct
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm

miron wrote:I did pay something last autumn called IBI RÚSTICA - the bill came to the previous owner and is for a bigger parcel of land than that which we bought from them (there was a legal segregation), but the ayuntamiento advised me to pay it anyway while they sorted it out. Is that the same thing as utilities or is it something else?
I think I´ll call in to the town hall anyway!

No, not the same. Stick with your instincts & visit the townhall. Smile
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Water rates Empty Water rates

Post by Lesley Mon May 23, 2011 7:55 pm

We bought our cave in September 2008 but had never had a bill. As we are still based in the UK and don't get over much we wanted to keep up to date and we were worried about finishing up with large arrears. Last year we visited the town hall to try and pay and after several visits and much debate they figured out what to charge us. We told them we wanted to try an pay until the end opf 2010 as we wouldn't be back until the summer but they just billed us for 2008/2009 the grand total of Euro 98.10 for Agua potable and Domiciliaria Basura.

Lesley
Lesley

http://l.allington1@ntlworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Mon May 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Firstly check your Spanish bank account. We moved in in November and in Jan there was a payment made from our bank account to the Baza ayuntamiento for water rates . At no time have we given the water dept or the ayuntamiento our bank details. We knew the old guy we had bought our property from had change the ownership details at the ayuntamiento but he doesn't know our bank account details either although he did know our NIE number . So they are darn clever Surprised

The bank did say we could cancel the DD if we wanted but we have just let it ride, I can't remember how much we paid but it was a pittance.
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by cueva ventosa Tue May 24, 2011 6:29 pm

You could try the Apat office in Huescar we went there to set up a direct debit 3 years ago and they promptly printed out all the bills we owed for the previous year or so - luckily its hardly anything.

cueva ventosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down