The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

denuncias , town halls & insurance etc re; water damage

+4
bigcol
Rosie
Dave
nigtrog
8 posters

Go down

denuncias , town halls  & insurance etc  re; water damage  Empty denuncias , town halls & insurance etc re; water damage

Post by nigtrog Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Dear all

just returned from vg 2 weeks cooking myself doing jobs on the outside of my cave !! ( certainly appreciate the benefits of the cave at the end of hard days graft when sit in cool cave with cool beer !!)
Been suggested to me that i issue a denuncia against the town hall in Freila re; they built a wall along side of road above my cave with gravel behind it & insufficient drainage holes = acting like a dam when rains heavy & then water filters down through the gravel (gravel acting like a sieve !) ; damaged 2 back rooms in my cave this winter & if not sorted asap could collapse the 2 rooms + road above !! . I Very urgently need to get sorted for my caves sake & obviously dangerous if road collapses !! , but urgent & spanish town halls / insurance co 's do not go in same sentence !! . If gravel replaced with concrete behind wall & 1m up bank behind + > drainage pipes core drilled in to the wall = prevent further damage !! and can then sort cave out !! ; all needs to be sorted out & in before winter rains again !!
Town hall & insurers know about problem but despite efforts local contact / e mails etc they not show up & done nothing ! & well SL insurance co trying to worm their way out of paying out / don't reply to correspondence either !!
If get involved in legal battle not only expensive but lengthy & problem be far > if not sort by winter !!
We all take out insurance to cover us when things go "t**s up " but despite fact clearly states covered for water damage through roof & legal fees etc = they try to say water damage due to maintanaence / damp when in fact brand new vg road over top and damage totally due to B wall town hall built over cave !!
Any advice be > appreciated
Regards
Nigetrog

nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

denuncias , town halls  & insurance etc  re; water damage  Empty Re: denuncias , town halls & insurance etc re; water damage

Post by Dave Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:20 pm

That sounds like a nightmare for you. I can appreciate what it can be like, being in the UK and not knowing whats going on. It must be a right worry for you. Have you had a word with a solicitor? It may be worth getting in touch with Victorio and seeing what he thinks?
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

denuncias , town halls  & insurance etc  re; water damage  Empty Re: denuncias , town halls & insurance etc re; water damage

Post by Rosie Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:44 am

SOLICITOR.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Victorio!!!!

bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Victorio study
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Yup I would use Victorio too
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:37 am

good luck No
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:52 am

Victorio is good, he recently took on a town hall for me and got a result.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down