The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hola everyone

4 posters

Go down

Hola everyone Empty Hola everyone

Post by KarateKid Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi all - My wife & I have recently purchased a lovely cave house in Galera and already met some wonderful people living there. Our plan is to move to Galera once we have sold our house in the UK and hopefully then before the end of this year.

We are trying to learn the ropes and prepare for the move and would welcome any tips and advice to make this as best as possible. Anything from cars, insurance, medical and general living in Galera or the surrounding area would be very much welcomed.

Equally if we can help with anything UK side, please do ask.

Buenas noches
KarateKid
KarateKid

Back to top Go down

Hola everyone Empty Re: Hola everyone

Post by DannyandJosie Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:03 pm

Hola KarateKid, from one newbie to another. We bought a place on the edge of Baza at the end of last year and hope to move full time at the start of 2017. We spent 3 weeks in Galera in September, its a wonderful village. We are both learning the ropes and we wish you all the best.

Danny and Josie

DannyandJosie

http://www.onefootinthecave.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:18 pm

if you want help with anything legal Ana is great. most of the English have her to help with driving, doctors, hosp. and other legal matters. I will ask her if I can give you her number. I ask her as I don't pass numbers indiscriminately.

Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Him & Her Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Hola, my friends can't wait for your move over xx
Him & Her
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateKid Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:21 pm

Brilliant thank you. Best wishes to you Danny and Josie, I did meet Ana over dinner if she rembers me and happy to give her number out.
KarateKid
KarateKid

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateKid Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 pm

Hola, Him & Her have already offered advice on the car issue but any other thoughts out there. We had planned to sell our two cars and buy a more spacious one and then drive to Galera and then maybe back and forth a few times and then sell and buy a Spanish car, or sell our cars and buy a left hand Spanish car immediately. We had not planned to matriculate a UK car. Any experience on this or tips, anyone done the drive back to UK. Quite like the Nissan Qashqai if anyone owns one of these. Thank you
KarateKid
KarateKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Done the drive back and forth several times. Matriculating is not hard with help if Ana has not done this then Carrie and Alisis used to do it, ask at the bar in Hotel. We did it and was very happy with it until our engine went, now have a Spanish car and find it hard to change sides after so long in a lefty. available for a chat if you want.
I did pm Anas number for you , hope you got it.

Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateKid Mon May 02, 2016 10:56 am

Hi Mandi, thank you for the reply. Something for us to investigate further. Bank holiday here so grey but no rain as yet!!
KarateKid
KarateKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi Mon May 02, 2016 8:03 pm

yesterday we had some rain on and off, sun in between, today nice with a bit of a draft at times.

Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Him & Her Mon May 02, 2016 8:04 pm

Mandi wrote:yesterday we had some rain on and off, sun in between, today nice  with a bit of a draft at times.

I must still be new as NICE doesn't cover it for me it was fab, hot and very sunny, wonderful
Him & Her
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down