The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filling swimming pools with water

5 posters

Go down

Filling swimming pools with water Empty Filling swimming pools with water

Post by Tala Orchard Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:27 pm

In our searches for cave homes for sale we have come across descriptions such as large patio with Bar'B'Que, or room for pool. Does one need a separate supply for pool and would it be metered or as we have heard some use agricultural water what ever that is.

This has probably be asked before but have been unable to find it, if it has.

Thank you.
Tala Orchard
Tala Orchard

Back to top Go down

Filling swimming pools with water Empty Re: Filling swimming pools with water

Post by Mandi Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:09 pm

As i understand it if you aim for Galera they dont allow cave houses to have pools. Why i dont know, i understand this does not answer your question.

Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Friends of mine with in ground pools fill from the mains. The mains is metered. If you want a pool (lots of free ones around though!) then do check with the local Town Hall, before you purchase. As mentioned above, Galera do not currently allow in ground pools, although there are some ways to bend the rules! Most areas do allow above ground pools, which can then have raised decking around them and look really good.
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Cullis Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:09 pm

Our water in the Castril valley is on a meter but we get charged a nominal standing rate rather than based on usage.  Most of the neighbours don't get charged at all, something to do with the locals being promised free water when the dam was built.

We could fill from a hosepipe but we have a water supply coming into the pool on a ball cock arrangement so it's automatically filled as necessary.

A quick view with the satellite view from Google maps will tell you whether your neighbours have pools. Rolling Eyes
Tim Cullis
Tim Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:25 pm

In Castillejar water is metered, but until your usage reaches a certain level you only pay a flat rate. Agricultural water must mean water from the acequia - irrigation channel. I'm not sure if this would be officially acceptable - this water is meant for growing food! Lots if people have a water storage area near their land and these are sometimes used as swimming pools too, but obviously the water isn't treated with swimming pool chemicals cos it's final use is irrigation. As Mariposa says, there are a number of free or low cost public swimming pools around and some good wild swimming too. I'd recommend an outside shower as a quick way of cooling off in the summer that doesn't use up much water and doesn't take up much space - and if you shower in a cubo you can water the garden later too!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down