The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

+2
Tala Orchard
ARB
6 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post by ARB Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Hello everyone. Found my way to this forum from    fb                                                               . We bought a cave house in Galera in October. It's in relatively good nick but should take a couple of years to get just how we want it. It will be a holiday home to start with but I can totally see myself taking an early retirement in my cave palace. Very Happy Alice B.

ARB

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by Tala Orchard Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Welcome Alice. We too are new but you have a head start on us - we are still looking, but we can tell you now that even if any of the comments appearing on this forum are ott - a cave home is still the best thing going! LOL
Tala Orchard
Tala Orchard

Back to top Go down

Post by ARB Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:20 pm

Yes, I pretty much instantly fell in love with them!!

ARB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:06 am

Yes - cave living rocks!! (My favourite pun!) x
Sally
Sally

http://www.cuevapedro.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:53 am

Welcome Alice!

Hope you find what you need on the Forum, but if not, ask away and I am sure someone will be able to help.

Caroline

Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by ARB Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:09 am

Actually, I could do with some advice. I'm coming for two weeks over Easter. One of the things I urgently need to get done is get internet hooked up. Can anyone recommend the best supplier? We'll only be using the cave for about 2 months a year at the moment. Is it true Habland have a contract which you can switch on and off as and when you need it? I don't need a landline by the way....But, I also need advice on cheapest way to get a mobile phone number to use in Spain, both for ringing in Spain and to England. Tx

ARB

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:01 pm

Go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and give them a ring/or send them a message. The website is in English and they speak English. They will be able to tell you what they can do.

Caroline
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by ARB Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:27 pm

I also have quite a few items which I need to give away. The previous owners kindly left pretty much everything behind for us. There are alot of ornaments and paintings that aren't to my taste and other bits. Is there a charity I can give them to or someone who does clearances maybe? I hate to throw anything away!!

ARB

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:00 pm

ARB wrote:I also have quite a few items which I need to give away. The previous owners kindly left pretty much everything behind for us.
Yes. that's one of the hazards Very Happy
My sellers "kindly" left me a collection of stuff they couldn't be bothered to remove. Nasty (short) beds with bases of chipboard and foam-rubber mattresses, chipboard wardrobes with broken hinges and tiny little chairs that look like they belong in a nursery - among other things.

You may well find that your local Ayuntamiento (town hall) will arrange pickups of matresses if you leave them beside your local rubbish bin (if someone else doesn't take them before the dustcart turns up)
You will also find that if you leave metal objects (bed frames, etc.) out in the open they will mysteriously disappear when nobody's at home Evil or Very Mad  Depending on the honesty of your passers-by, this could take a while.

Last edited by pete_l on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi Alice,

If you can box everything up and bring it to me when you are over here (I am just up the road from Galera), I will give it all to the El Caprichio dog rescue representative when I next see her. No problema! I have lots of space here and have more stuff for them myself.

Caroline
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by ARB Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:06 pm

Thanks Caroline. I'll do that. I'll be there first two weeks of April, are you around?

ARB

Back to top Go down

Post by ARB Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:11 pm

I see where you're coming from when saying "kindly". Our vendors were brilliant. All the crockery and cutlery is there, lots of other kitchen bits, blankets and bedsheets and most of the beds are keepers. The beds were all made up for us when we arrived. They were (are) really nice people.

ARB

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi Alice, send me an e-mail and we can sort out some dates.

Caroline
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by La Mancha Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Yes Habland is great and they will allow you to switch the broadband service on and off as you need it. I seem to remember it costs just a month extra to switch it back on. You'll need to get them to fit the small antenna and wire it into your cave. As it is a line of sight system it will need to be able to see the main habland antenna.Not sure where it is for Galera, with us it is on top of Jablacon so have good coverage.
La Mancha
La Mancha

http://www.cuevademama.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum