The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland and emotions

4 posters

Go down

Scotland and emotions  Empty Scotland and emotions

Post by Ponderosa Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:45 pm

Scotland and emotions

The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence. My sister met an Australian and married him and went to live in Australia it brock my heart I have the same feeling starting in my heart with Scotland speaking of breaking with Britain. Cannot they and us have quality of life rather than basing it on money

I put this on the Pensioner forum how about spreading this on the web
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Scotland and emotions  Empty Re: Scotland and emotions

Post by Tim Cullis Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Most of Salmond's weasel arguments are based on greed—that the 5 million Scots will be better off without the rest of the UK. The London Metropolitan Area could use the same argument, except that at over 12 million inhabitants it has more twice the population of Scotland, and the wealth that is generated in London is due to hard work, not an accident of where some vegetation died and eventually turned into oil.

What would happen if everyone took this greed route? Maybe God's Own Country (Yorkshire) could go it alone, then Birmingham, Manchester and the rest of the richer areas. With only the poor areas of the UK left the Welsh would be queuing up for the soup kitchens.

My Scottish wife is disenfranchised because she lives in England, as do two of her sisters, as do some of the Scottish regiments, as do the Scots in Corby. This was a deliberate exclusion as these Scots were far more likely to vote 'no'. And how come English, Welsh and Northern Irish don't get a say in this?

Cameron did the UK a great disservice in agreeing such biased terms with Salmond. Normally a 75% majority is required when voting on major constitutional matters. On the other hand, if Scotland gets independence and the Scottish Labour MPs leave Parliament, Labour will never, ever, see power again in Westminster, so maybe that is his agenda.

If the Yes side succeed I predict an awful lot of bad feelings towards the Scots. The Scots can totally rely on Westminster doing its utmost to scupper Salmond's currency aspirations. Spain (faced with similar independence movements in Catalonia and Basque Country) will join with Westminster to force Scotland to apply afresh to join the EU and if this happens Scotland will have to use the euro.

And then we'll have to have border guards because Scotland would be part of the Schengen zone (immigrants who obtain access to one country in the zone have free travel throughout the zone) and the rest of Britain, Northern Ireland and (southern) Ireland are outside the zone.

Maybe the Ununited Kingdom could help out the beleaguered citizens of Calais by organising humanitarian ferries to ship all the would-be migrants to Scotland—from one country in the Schengen zone to another.

It will all end in tears. And why did all this happen? Because Salmond wants power at any price and the loons and quines of Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen voted for short term gain.
Tim Cullis
Tim Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Hmmmm, I don't think it would be useful to share my (slightly different) views, but just want to suggest this is moved to the 'discussion, non-cave related' area - it might be a better place for it? Just saying.....

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by raz206 Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:25 pm

well said miron am Scottish

raz206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: