The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Residencia Replacement

+4
pete_l
Lurchio
MSA
Ken
8 posters

Go down

Residencia Replacement Empty Residencia Replacement

Post by Ken Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:20 pm

We were at the Police Station on Friday and today to get a replacement Residencia Certificate for one that has been lost. We had a copy of the original, copies of the passport, and an in date copy of the padron and photos. The guy in the police station was great but got as frustrated as us with a he said, changing directives they receive weekly about requirements. We couldn't process the application on Friday as we had to go into the police station and complete a lost or stolen report. Done that, bak to the office. Eventually to the bank to pay the fee. That too over half an hour a they had a lot of people to serve (Two). Went back with the receipt and the police office where they issues the certificates was closed. Back his morning at 9 am. Different man, but still pleasant, however after competing everything on Friday he wanted in addition, birth certificate and copy, marriage certificate and copy and proof of income before he would issue it. Fortunately we had anticipated problems for a later visit to the Social Security office and had these.
Finally got the replacement.
The visit to the Social Security office was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had in Spain.........another story, but well worth being prepared and taking a translator who knows how they operate.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Residencia Replacement Empty Re: Residencia Replacement

Post by MSA Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:26 pm

the paper work is not getting better .We need to renew our NIE numer every three months . I will be glad when we got a permanent one
MSA
MSA

https://www.facebook.com/MSA.alain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchio Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:28 pm

I honestly thought the NIE was for more than 3 months? I take it you explained you would need it to run your bank account, pay bills etc. The number, once issued is an unique reference to YOU for your lifetime (in Spain, obviously), as is the photo you should have supplied at the time.
Anybody else have this problem???????
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Lurchio wrote:The [NIE] number, once issued is an unique reference to YOU for your lifetime
I've always wondered about NIEs. Given that expats don't have a spanish ID card (which I presume has some sort of identification number that refers to the citizen in question), the NIE is frequently requested instead. So what happens if you supply the requester with the *wrong* NIE - either by accident or you simply make one up on the spot?
My feeling is that absolutely nothing would happen, as the number would never get checked - it's merely a necessity for the bureaucracy.

Since I got my NIE many years ago, as I needed it to buy my house here, I've wondered about the possibility & practicality of having it updated with my current address. Others I have spoken to about this have suggested it's not worth the effort. Would a simpler solution (given that the other bastion of spanish personnel identification: the passport number, also changes each time you renew your passport) simply be to apply for a new NIE with my spanish address and renewed PP number - or would the whole spanish adminstration system implode under the logical conflict.

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 am

Your NIE does NOT need to be renewed every 3 months, it's for life.

The Padron was reduced to a validity of 3 months, but you do NOT need to keep renewing it, only as and when you need an up-to-date one.

This was straight out of the boss's mouth at the town hall last week.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:01 am

But your NIE should have your current address!
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Blatantadvertising.com wrote:But your NIE should have your current address!
Teally? I applied for mine when I was living in England and starting to buy this house in Spain. My NIE certificate has an illegible address on it which might be the address of the police station in Almeria that issued it.
Luckily nobody has ever asked to see it and when it's wanted for it on a form I usually can't remember the _exact_ order of the numbers, so I guess for something close.

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:33 pm

I'm not sure about that - my certificado de residencia which has my NIE on it has my first address in Gran Canaria and I've used it lots of times since. When I've needed proof of address I've used my Padron which I do keep updated. No problems so far!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Told so by Guardia when stopped and asked to produce paperwork. So changed the address, it was in Cordoba province, to avoid any future problems.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Fair enough - but I've also been stopped several times by the Guardia and they've never questioned my residencia.....

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Cullis Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:31 am

My NIE doesn't have an address. States at the bottom, "Esta certificado tiene una validez de tres meses".

I have scans of all my documents and store them "in the cloud" using Dropbox (free for PC, Mac, smartphones). In case I am in an area with poor reception I have the scanned docs marked as 'favourites' on the smartphone so a copy is always available on the phone.

Dropbox: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim Cullis
Tim Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:37 am

Maybe the document has changed since 2008 when mine was done!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by MSA Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:42 pm

i've just got the recidencia or a permanent NIE

2 photo like a passport
proof of income
proof of social security
empadronamiento

papers in a foreign language, translated with validation of the belgian court

2 copy of each

And it is a banc card size , may not been plastified, but kept in a plastic shelter , because it is not very strong .

Has not a expire date  Very Happy 
MSA
MSA

https://www.facebook.com/MSA.alain

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:00 pm

miron wrote:
I'm not sure about that - my certificado de residencia which has my NIE on it has my first address in Gran Canaria and I've used it lots of times since. When I've needed proof of address I've used my Padron which I do keep updated. No problems so far!

Famous last words! Just had to change my 'domicilio fisica' from Gran Canaria to mainland Spain to buy a car (different tax rules apply there for cars). I was dreading it, thinking I might have to show proof of income etc etc. But it was easy-peasy: rang the Agencia Tribunal to find out what to do, printed off the correct form from their websiteand filled it in, made an appointment by telephone, was in and out of the Baza office in 10 minutes, all done and dusted! They don't issue a new certificate, just stamp the form which you then keep with the certificate, and they change your details on their system.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum