The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

+5
cavern
Gobiker56
Cave Bunny
david kirby
Mariposa
9 posters

Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE? Empty CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

Post by Mariposa Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm

I HAPPENED TO SEE A CAR GO PAST THE END OF MY DRIVEWAY - UNUSUAL AS NOT MANY CARS PASS THIS WAY... A FEW MINUTES LATER A FRIEND POPPED IN TO VISIT AND SAID "DO YOU KNOW THERE ARE TWO PUPPIES ON YOUR DRIVEWAY?"

WE WENT OUT AND THERE WAS A BOX IN THE LANE AND ANOTHER PUPPY NEARBY - SO THREE LITTLE PUPS, ONE GIRL AND TWO BOYS...

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE? 01210

THE BLACK AND WHITE ONE (BOTTOM RIGHT) IS THE GIRL.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE? 01610

I SUPPOSE IT WAS ABOUT TIME THIS HAPPENED TO ME AGAIN - DOH!

I KNOW IT IS A LONG SHOT, BUT IF ANYONE WANTS A PUP OR THREE (!!!) PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. AS MANY OF YOU KNOW, MY LITTLE DOG WITH HIS BROKEN FRONT LEG, GOES INTO SHUTDOWN MODE WHEN THERE ARE OTHER DOGS HERE FOR MORE THAN A DAY - HE STARTS BEING SICK AND WONT EAT - SO SADLY I JUST CAN'T KEEP THEM.

THE VET IS COMING TOMORROW TO CHECK THEM OVER AND GIVE THEM THEIR FIRST WORM TREATMENT.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?...

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE? 03110
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE? Empty Re: CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

Post by david kirby Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Terrible isnt it poor little pooch's our Spanish neighbour's dog as just given birth again too so more unwanted baby's now . Sad
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 am

There are just too many - if only people woud spay or castrate their animals, things would be so much better.

If anyone has any newspapers I could have, I would be very grateful. I had a pile left from the last pup, but they all got used last night!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, MY PHONE NUMBER IS 660286184, BUT THIS NUMBER IS JUST BEING CHANGED TO ANOTHER COMPANY, SO IF NO ANSWER, YOU COULD TRY 634376485. THANKS.

Caroline
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Oh Caroline. I truly feel for you. I have some piles of newspapers you can have, but I have no idea how to get them to you. Any suggestions? xxx
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks Jo, I just can't believe it has happened again. I just could not leave them outside to suffer, so will do my best for them and if I end up having them put to sleep, it will be done humanely. It just breaks my heart.

I do have a supply of newspapers now thanks to someone in my village who has just popped round, but if I need any more, I will get in touch. Thank you!

x
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Sorry, only just seen this. Just let me know Caroline; they're here and not going anywhere.
xx
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Sadly these lovely little pups were put to sleep yesterday.

The Vet was wonderful, gave them an injection to make them sleep before the final injection. The Vet then helped me bury them in a hole that a friend had dug for me earlier in the day.

A big thank you to everyone that has popped over with food, newspapers and money for the Vets bill.

I really do appreciate all this and the support I have had from so many people via phone and e-mail.

Caroline
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Forgot to mention the blankets, thanks for those too.
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:31 pm

What a tragedy, unfortunately a tragedy often repeated. I did suggest, some time ago now, that El Cap should have a day where they employ a vet to do as many sterilisations/euthanasias as he/she could. People bringing animals would pay what they could afford. The Council could give them the money they would have spent on a dog catcher. Maybe, just maybe, they might take enough to cover the vet and drugs etc. Saving 40 or so dogs is all well and good but it seems they have difficulty getting them out once in the dogs home. I suspect though that things will go on as they are for the foreseable future, there is no easy answer.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Gobiker56 wrote:What a tragedy, unfortunately a tragedy often repeated. I did suggest, some time ago now, that El Cap should have a day where they employ a vet to do as many sterilisations/euthanasias as he/she could. People bringing animals would pay what they could afford. The Council could give them the money they would have spent on a dog catcher. Maybe, just maybe, they might take enough to cover the vet and drugs etc. Saving 40 or so dogs is all well and good but it seems they have difficulty getting them out once in the dogs home. I suspect though that things will go on as they are for the foreseable future, there is no easy answer.

I can understand your frustrations Gobiker , trust me we feel it just as much, that is why I am looking into ways of sending El Capricho dogs to homes further afield . As for employing a vet that maybe a possible thing to do but as you know I put 2 call outs for anybody who needed their dogs sterilized and got absolutely no inquiries . Unless people work with us on this matter there is very little more we can do . I am afraid campo dogs procreating are just a tip of the iceberg Crying or Very sad
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by mo Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:12 pm

What a sad story - no happy ending unfortunately.........
At least you tried Caroline.

mo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:54 am

Thanks Mo, just hope I can pull myself back together soon. x
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE? Empty Can any one help please?

Post by Flying Dogs Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi Mariposa,

Sorry to hear that no Homes were found for the Pups you had and they were put to sleep.

I have 3 Dogs (Male) and one of mine goes into 'meltdown' when any other Dog/Cat is brought into his surroundings, as I found out when adopting a local stray a couple of Years ago. Both Dogs tolerated each other until they got into a terrible fight and I had to have the stray put down. It must be very hard to find Homes for any strays as most people appear to have more then one Dog/Cat or don't like to have any Pets!.

Hopefully you will be spared of having any more Pups 'dumped'!

Flying Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks for your support Flying Dogs, and sorry to hear of your sad experience. Sadly, as you may already know from previous postings, this isn't the first time I have found puppies here or nearby and I doubt it will be the last.

All the rescue centres seem to be full to bursting and like you say those that want dogs, already have as many as they can.

I am not sure if mentally I can go through this again, but I suppose I will have to see how I feel when the next lot turn up.

It is probably best if I just have any I find, put to sleep immediately, rather than making the bond that you do when you have them in the house.

Whether I could actually go through with that, is another thing! I always want to try to get them re-homed if I can.

Caroline
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Caz my heart goes out to you and what a crying shame ,that those not willing to deal with their own unwanted pups, keep dumping them at your door.
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:28 am

So sorry to hear what you had to go through. Know what you mean about bonding. When my OH found ours in the bin at a day old we looked after him until we could get to the vet the next day to have him put down. Needless to say he is now almost 2 but thankfully gets on with our many cats. We do occasionally regret keeping him as we didn't want a dog but we know we can't take on another so would have to go down the same route you did if we got one dumped on us. It is very regretable but sometimes it is the only choice and more humane than starving to death. As has been said, it is a shame some people don't take responsibility for their animals and have then castrated/spayed. All my animals have been done but I still seem to gain them. Had a Spanish couple stop at my gate recently and ask me if I wanted some kittens - I had to refuse as I think 20 cats is more than enough.
Cats-R-Us
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Thanks Kaz and Cats-R-Us.

The pain is easing now and thankfully I am distracted by other issues here now.

x
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum