The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Insurance

+2
musketeera
Cullarfamily
6 posters

Go down

Car Insurance Empty Car Insurance

Post by Cullarfamily Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:04 pm

I have a car which I haven't used for a while, although it is itv'd and taxed. Insurance has since lapsed. However need to use it when I have visitors over in the summer and want to insure it just for 3 months. Been told that spanish insurers don't allow this. Does anytone know if this is correct?

Cullarfamily

Back to top Go down

Car Insurance Empty Re: Car Insurance

Post by musketeera Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we have all our cars with them and do insure for short periods sometimes.
musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:04 pm

As I understand the spanish system there is no such declaration as in uk that a car is off road and therfore needs no insurance.
If you have car on spanish plates it should be itv'd and insured or else scrapped.
If anyone knows different please let us know.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GCS Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:18 pm

I have a car off the road with the insurance due for renewal last week, I telephoned the insurance company to told them that I did not want to renew my insurance, he asked why, I replied because it is not working and I need to get it fixed....he replied, if you own a vehicle it must be insured at all times, weather it works or not, or you will face a fine of 1,500 euros, so I renewed quickly, but they did do a good deal as it was off the road, he took off the road side assistance lol

GCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Cullarfamily Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Have now insured my vehicle (for the year). Phoned around a few for a good price and Neil Rowley was the most competitive. Even cheaper than Beneficial who we have our other car insured with. So, thanks Musketeera.

Don't know if they have a SORN equivalent here. Had a look on line and there is something called a Baja Temporal - but not sure if this is a similar thing to SORN or not. Does anyone know anything?

Cullarfamily

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Our neighbour was fined for starting up his car in his garage. His car hadn't been on the road for months. The fine was over 1,000 euros.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:26 pm

We had the bill for the car insurance 351.69€ plus a “No excess on the first claim and a Free gift of excess” My wife was thinking of reducing the insurance to third party cover but I thought it better to leave well alone after seeing the TV program supers crimpers last evening, not even to phone the insurance company and ask if it would reduce the price.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum