The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all us filthy Smokers

5 posters

Go down

For all us filthy Smokers Empty For all us filthy Smokers

Post by Gobiker56 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Tobacco went DOWN in price last week, only 50 cents down on an 80g tub , I have switched to making ny own with a machine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Electric machine was 19.95, a bit tricky at first but, once you get used to it it is really quick. The Tubes with filters were 3.50 for 600, the bigger the box the cheaper they are. 80g of Ducados tobacco just under 10.00 Euros (alledgedly 160 ciggies but depends how tight you roll'em). The tobacco has less chemicals, you can buy some organic without additives but too mild for me. Posh tobacco, Winston etc. a bit more expensive. But for me it works out roughly 50 cents for 20.

Machine and Tubes bought in Huescar but most tobacconists are selling them now. The hand operated machines are tricky and time consuming. You can get machines on Ebay up to 450.00 for an all posh one down to 5.99 for a chinese one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

For all us filthy Smokers Empty Re: For all us filthy Smokers

Post by cavern Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Thanks Gobiker - I am going to look it to this sounds an excellent idea , my hubby rolls them by hand but if I attempted that we would have more on the floor than in the papers. Do you know the name of the organic tobacco ?
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

For all us filthy Smokers Empty Give up Smoking

Post by Ponderosa Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:14 pm

I didn't know you smoked G! x
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Quite right I do not smoke but it was just coincidence we were watching a Dave Allen video last night and this sketch was on it so had a look on the web and found it so thought it would put a bit of fun back into life
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 am

When I worked at the London Chest Hospital there were old photos on the Wall of nurses Handing out/lighting patients fags!!
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:40 am

Sorry I don't know the name of organic tobacco, but I'll find out next time I go to Huescar. The Tabac on the corner with musical insrtuments for sale sells it.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:42 am

My Grandmother was a Nurse and I know she used to light cigs for her patients! Funny how things change...

I asked in the Estanco in Galera this morning, if he could get light tobacco, but no - so I will stick to my 'nothing in them' JPS for now.

Great idea though!
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:34 pm

What do people mean when they say they have no money, then I see them burning it and taking on commitments such as dogs cats and horses?
When I was hard up I did not have the six pence to get from Redbourn to St Albans for my work. So I cycled in to work and back.
But then the British economy has always been based on for the majority to break-even but as Macmillan said (You have never had it so good and if you just tighten your belts a little more)
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Woohoo, bit contraversial that, Peter! I can understand exactly what your saying on one hand, but on the other, no way would I not give a home to a needy animal as long as I could afford to help it and survive myself. Did you realise that animals are usually more faithfull and honest than 71% of humans. ('Data collected from survey of British Expats' Wink ) Get yourself a dog Peter, it'll probably be the best friend you'll ever had. (your good lady Mia excluded of course! Laughing )

I agree with you about smoking though! Wink

Is that six old pence, as in 6d? That'll be just 2.5 new pence. Flippin bargain!
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Peter, I was the same as you about animals, well a bit anyway. But since I cam e here I have rescued a few, they have cost me very little or nothing in case of the last two dogs. The last 2 have helped me out of a very serious low, especially recently as my health has not been too good. Some peoples priorities are different, I too have walked to work shovelling snow on a day basis for the council with holes in my shoes (not kidding) but still had a fag and I had a dog to feed. They will eat anything if pushed same as us. Unconditional love from animals, they won't f off and leave you nicking all your savings that's for sure.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum