The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish Mastin

4 posters

Go down

Spanish Mastin Empty Spanish Mastin

Post by Cullarfamily Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 am

A very large female mastin has 'adopted' us. She has obviously been on the campo for a considerable length of time and is very thin. She is very wary of people but seems to get on with our own dogs. I have fed her, 2 meals a day, which she wolfs down. I don't want to feed her too much too soon it case it upsets her stomach. She is very quiet and looks really sad.

She is approximately a year old.

She is full of fleas and ticks but I can't get close enough yet do to anything about them.

Has anyone lost her?!

Photos below.

Spanish Mastin Imgp1310
Spanish Mastin Imgp1311
Spanish Mastin Imgp1312

Cullarfamily

Back to top Go down

Spanish Mastin Empty Re: Spanish Mastin

Post by Mariposa Thu May 31, 2012 11:26 am

She is gorgeous, well done for looking after her... Caroline
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu May 31, 2012 3:45 pm

What a lovely looking dog, but dont those eyes speak a sad tale. Hope somebody can put a sparkle back into them.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cullarfamily Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Update on our 'adoptee'. Some good news and some very sad news. Although still a little scared of people, she is getting better. Ticks and fleas almost a thing of the past. She is so quiet and docile. She 'grins' to say 'good morning' Very Happy . She's very loving and eats like a horse.

Now the sad news. Kathy came and spayed her yesterday - and diagnosed leishmania Sad . So next week starting a 4 month treatment of Allopurinol and we keep fingers & toes crossed that she responds. Kathy is quite optimistic.

Cullarfamily

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyChic Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Seems a bit strange, Leish can only be diagnoised by a blood test and you have to know the levels to be able to have the correct meds, the quickest i have ever had results back is 5 days and another blood test is required a month after having the injections everyother day for a month...... Id get a second opinion if i was you...... The drugs to treat leish are expensive, and only needed for 30 days then its a revaluation, Glucantime injections, with Hepto Can and Zyloric ( Allopurinol ) are all to be given in the first month, Allopurinol can be purchased over the pharmacy counter Alot cheaper than the vets Smile
Hope that helps Smile

Last edited by HappyChic on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info)
HappyChic
HappyChic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down