The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Speed

3 posters

Go down

Gary Speed Empty Gary Speed

Post by Boothjendar Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:28 am

Speed took his own life and got stupendous amount of respects and homage paid to him yesterday, but a soldier was also killed yesterday, he died whilst serving our country, yet all he received was a miserly 10 sec mention on the news then he like so many others will be forgotten. Speed made the choice to take his own life the soldier FOUGHT for ours. I hate that the only deaths we concern ourselves with are those of celebs and not our heroes !!!
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Gary Speed Empty Re: Gary Speed

Post by mikey Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:04 pm

I take it you are an ex military man Boothy, i can see where you are coming from with your post but in a way i agree and disagree with it. The soldier chose to join knowing that he may well goto a warzone so in my mind it is his choice, yes he may well have been a hero and died serving his country but what more coverage do you want about him apart from where and when he died. Gary Speed did a hell of a lot of good work in his football career and there are loads of people that admire him so a bit of respect and kind words cannot harm anyone, i agree there has been quite a bit and maybe a bit too much but hey that is the world as it is today.
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Of course all serving personnel know the risks of their jobs, and yes there is little else nowadays to be added to the tragic statement of death fumbled over by the main stream media, however this was not always the case, you can review the heartfelt reporting from 2002 on YouTube before the nation became desensitised.

The difficulty I have is the parallel reporting of both instances yesterday, and the ongoing coverage today. And although the facts aren't yet known if you look at some of the more respectable blogs and websites it would seem that things are not as they might appear, which makes the non parity of esteem even more annoying.
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:35 pm

I can Totally get your point Boothy but can't help thinking that the serviceman's family are possibly very grateful that the media are not all over it like vultures. I am sure all that knew him are giving their support and respect to all the family. I know if it was me that is all I would need, it would make it more stressful if the press were trying to make it into a big story and digging around on to how to sensationalise it.
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:45 pm

i agree Cavern was trying to think how to reply but just said it all
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down