The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fast food in Espania

+7
Cats-R-Us
pebbles
cavern
Dave
Rosie
Gobiker56
invicta
11 posters

Go down

fast food in Espania Empty fast food in Espania

Post by invicta Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:27 pm

I am sitting in a fast food outlet with a Scottishlike name here in a very cold maidstone. Please reassure me that this will never come to your part of Spain. Its awful.
What do you all do if you want a quick snack. I havnt seen any cafes when ive been visiting
invicta
invicta

Back to top Go down

fast food in Espania Empty Fast Food

Post by Gobiker56 Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:41 pm

There are fast food places in the main towns etc. as anywhere in the world. However in the rural areas very little, there is a kebab place in a smallish town, Cullar, near me in Galera but it, as far as I know, is the only one for miles. But any of the many rural cafes, there are quite a few in this area, will do you whatever you want to eat in or take away, ours does a nice pizza, Burger etc. Or you can have small portions (medio rations) of whatever they have as a snack. There are also some on this Forum who provide a takeaway service from their homes, and very nice too I understand. So not really a shortage of places to eat. They won't deliver though. Plus there are no drunks puking up their Kebab/spud-u -didn't like, Chinese curry at the chucking out time. Most of our drunks kindly wait until they get home. Har de Har.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

fast food in Espania Empty Re: fast food in Espania

Post by Rosie Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Ensupunto is a great takeaway in Benamaurel.
The Chinese Wok place next to Lidls in Baza also do take outs.
La Posa Pizzeria in Galera do take out salads/chips/pizzas.
Enjoy!
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:01 pm

Gobiker56 wrote: no drunks puking up their Kebab/spud-u -didn't like, Chinese curry at the chucking out time. Most of our drunks kindly wait until they get home. Har de Har.

But im trying to change that! drunken

'Marks bar' in Orce does some crackin pizzas but you cant beat the tapas runs around your local town. pig
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Now theres a thought. Where is the best tapas? There is a bar by the indoor market in Huescar that always does some good stuff. Not sure what its called though. Its just on the left as you come out of Ole supermarket, run by (i think) father ans son, Fathers got a bit of a wing commander moustache thing going on.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Dave wrote:Now theres a thought. Where is the best tapas? There is a bar by the indoor market in Huescar that always does some good stuff. Not sure what its called though. Its just on the left as you come out of Ole supermarket, run by (i think) father ans son, Fathers got a bit of a wing commander moustache thing going on.

One of the best tapas bars we have found is on the Benamaurel industrial estate on the road opposite the dog shelter, for the past 5 monday nights we have been there after walking the dogs, 2 drinks each night = 10 totally different tapas, all of which were excellent and satisfying ,for a working mens bar it is really quite nice inside. Or if you want a tapas with a view the thermal baths bar quite good as well.
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:18 pm

I like the one on the Ind Est too

I still rate 'El Rincón' in Castillejar as one of my favourites for tapas.

La Alcazaba in Orce

Bodega Universidad and El Pedreño in Huescar

Montecarlo in Cullar

Service station in Baza (the one just before the motorway turn off - if you are driving from Benamaurel)

Las Clavijas in Baico (and the one of the Ind Est there)

hmmmmmm..........anyone would think I liked the odd drinkie and tapas!!! pig
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Antigua Estacion, Castillejar and Emilios, Los Carriones are also very good. Felt cheaky the other day when I ordered drinks for us and our visitors and mentioned to Emilio that my visitors didn't eat meat but he rose to the occasion. First time I have had fried eggs and a lot of chips for a tapa but it was very welcome and my visitors thought it was wonderful.
Cats-R-Us
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:07 pm

agree with Pebbles - El Rincón in Castillejar is our favourite for tapas! and the price at the end of the night!... and the atmosphere

we've had great tapas from Venta El Llano the new ownership bar at top of hill before descending into Benamaurel... except pigs ears once... pale

Bar Benidorm in Benamaurel is good for tapas too

as are lots of others - we need to do a long list, win the lottery, then keep traveling around Very Happy
Metaldunk
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:19 am

Had a lovely plate of pigs trotters in Bar Fermin, Los Olivos the other night mmmmmmmmm.
Best for me locally has been Las Canteras (sp?) in Baza, near the cine/teatro there.
But my favourite Ruta de Tapas is in Granada - can´t remember the names of the bars though!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cullarfamily Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:12 am

We have always had great tapas from La Vela in Cullar and agree with Pebbles the Montecarlo always have good tapas on offer. Oh and there's always Venta del Alegre at the top of the village before you leave to get on the motorway.

Cullarfamily

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Not forgetting Bar Moreno opposite Tomas ferret. Cullar that is.

AND now Venta Sebas the former Martinez in El Margen.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:09 pm

This summer we've done a couple of tapas crawls around Huescar on Sunday nights - it's been great... - hungry now haha... geek great recommendations! more! more!
Metaldunk
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down