The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know what 'una amena' is?

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone know what 'una amena' is? Empty Does anyone know what 'una amena' is?

Post by musketeera Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:35 pm

I've just been having a natter with one of the locals about opening up a small cave on my land to turn into additional animal housing and while he said it's possible - Anything is! He also mentioned that it would be wise to ask the neighbours if they would mind me using the 'amena de comunidad'.

With that he was off on his tractor leaving me confused in a cloud of dust. I've got as far as amena is entertaining or battlements but as the cave is no larger than 3m2 I can only think whatever gathering that must have taken place in the amena would have been very select and cosy.

If anyone knows what one is I'd love to find out.
musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know what 'una amena' is? Empty Re: Does anyone know what 'una amena' is?

Post by cueva ventosa Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Are you sure he said `amena de comunidad' and not 'área de comunidad'? If it was 'área de comunidad' it means the community area! Could it be that there is some kind of public right of way or access on your property?

cueva ventosa

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know what 'una amena' is? Empty Re: Does anyone know what 'una amena' is?

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Does he not mean something that has been or could be enjoyed by the community.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:44 pm

My dictionary says "ameno" means pleasant, agreeable, nice, enjoyable. As the word "comunidad" is a feminine noun that would be amended to "amena". Don't know if that helps? Have you tried the Google Translation thingy?
Cats-R-Us
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks to all, I unfortunately got the spelling wrong and it turns out he meant mine.................Great! The only thing is there doesn't appear to be any sort of shaft but I shall leave well alone (no pun intended) and put my guinea fowl in another part of the garden.

Thanks again.
musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:09 pm

What were they extracting from the community mine? Do you have any idea?
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum