The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local honey

+5
miron
Dave
mikey
Cave Bunny
david kirby
9 posters

Go down

Local honey Empty Local honey

Post by david kirby Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi i wonder does anybody know were i can buy some local honey got to be local!! because need it to try and control my hayfever try anything once ! i have fount some made in Cazorla and Tiojjlar cant spell it !! but not round this are ! Cotres de baza !! the Poplar trees are well advanced this year and thats the main culprit when those white fluffy things start coming off Suspect No thanks
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Local honey Empty Re: Local honey

Post by Cave Bunny Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't know of any as yet, but I'll keep my eyes open - we're always looking at the jars of honey available...
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:44 pm

Our neighbour gives us loads and it is sooo yummy, not sure where you can buy the local stuff though.
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:02 pm

I seem to remember seeing some in the tourist information shop in Huescar.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:04 am

As a hayfever sufferer - how does local honey help - would love to know!
I fairly sure I saw some Castril honey for sale in the campsite bar up the Sierra de Castril road - so may be also for sale in Castril village? Is that local enough?

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi thankyou for your reply's ! the honey as to be bee's kept near the offending trees ! near to where the sufferer lives, because the allergy may be specific pollen from plants and trees growing in that particular area !!! Having loads of poplar trees here !! and thats what most people here are allergic too many Spanish wear mask !! after the 8th of May but maybe earlier this year !! when all the white fluffy stuff starts coming of the trees ! so if the honey contains minute quantities of that pollen it is supposed to desensities the body who knows but will try anything because its so bad ! I cannot remember if in Castril they have poplar trees but will take a trip there soon to see or Huescar either !. manythanks for reply's Oh Mikey hand some over affraid
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Don´t think there are many poplars in the Sierra de Castril - it´s mostly oaks and pines and junipers. The poplars are mostly in the valleys like round Castillejar. There´s a barranco opposite our cave that used to be known as the Barranco de las Abejas (bees) cos there were lots of beehives there once - they made honey from the caperberry plants. That was probably before the commercial poplar plantations were planted!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi Yes Miron sounds about right ! Poplars come first eh!! i suppose make more money from them ! great bit of info many thanks !
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:47 pm

The blacksmith in Galera keeps bees in his yard and sell the honey if that's any use to you.

Regards
Ann
Ann
Ann

Back to top Go down

Post by cueva ventosa Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:50 pm

The garage on the main road between Galera and Cullar in El Margen sells honey. It doesn't have a label on it but the chap says it is local. He has different sizes and we paid either 5 or 7 euros for a reasonable sized jar. Very tasty.

cueva ventosa

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Many thanks to honey relpies !
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Within the last couple of days I saw large jars of "Sierra de Baza" honey for €6.00. I can't for the life of me remember where it was, I was going to get some when I saw it but I didn't have enough cash on me. I'll have a good think as to where it was and re-post.

Have you tried the laser gadget you shove up your nose? They were in the Lloyds chemists a couple of years ago so not sure if they still do them. I bought one because as when my hay fever comes I'll give anything a go it's that intense. Anyway, I found the laser thing to work great. I highly recommend it. Twisted Evil
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi twisted fire starter not heard of that one but look it up and get my son to bring one for me ! and yes its very intense here for me too always had it as a child but grew out of it and then when i moved to this area 2 yrs ago been terrible ! and it gives me asthma too and a terrible cough this last for months and months too ! when we should be chilling I'm in a mess !!anyway i will try the blacksmiths too where ever he hangs out in Galera ! dont know ! yet. thanks so much for that info . Barbara Rolling Eyes
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Sharp Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:19 pm

The blacksmith you need is just to the right of Anna's builders merchants.He's called Angel and his phone number is in the window.

Ian Sharp

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:08 pm

I remember now! The main road in Baza, between the hospital roundabout and the roundabout by Bar Wok Buffet, on the opposite side of the road to the swimming pool, there's some big units there and the one that has the orange Repsol bottles outside, in there. Inside there's a warehouse and a shop, they're on the self opposite the hanging jamons.

I'm sure you've tried everything, as have I, but I also find a nice refrigerated, damp flannel laid on my face whilst I lie in the dark is most pleasing! The water in the flannel acts as an air filter. A bit of short term relief.

Here's a youtoob link for the Lloyd's Hay fever Reliever: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Sharp Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:09 pm

We used to call that waterboarding Jason!!Sorry that was a very wet flannel.

Ian Sharp

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Thankyou so very much ! Ian and Twisted Very Happy
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Ian Sharp wrote:We used to call that waterboarding Jason!!Sorry that was a very wet flannel.

We still do don't we? Ooops Twisted Evil
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:17 am

Just bought a jar, 1kg for €6. They have Flors and Romero, both from Sierra de Baza.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down