The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOLCANO

+8
cueva ventosa
Ponderosa
Taught2BCautious
pete_l
Dave
mickg
Rosie
tudorwin
12 posters

Go down

VOLCANO Empty VOLCANO

Post by tudorwin Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:06 am

Two of our 4 daughters and 5 of our grandchildren came over to vist us 2 weeks ago, We spent the 1st week here and the 2nd week we all went camping in Benidorm. They were all due to fly back Friday just gone, Unfortunatly all flights to the UK are canceled, and the earlist we could rebook is next Friday the 23rd. so we have had to bring them all back here for anougher week.
The weather both here and Benidorm is crap. Our daughters are due back at work tomorrow and the grand kids at school. And still today no planes are flying.
If it has not improved by next weekend we will have to consider driving them back.
Steve Campo Camara
PS where is the spell checker.

tudorwin

Back to top Go down

VOLCANO Empty Re: VOLCANO

Post by Rosie Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 am

Well Steve, it is pretty much the same at ours, on a lesser scale. Our friend is marooned, in comfort. He has wangled a return flight for Tuesday (see travel section of forum)... that is providing the airspace restrictions are lifted of course!
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

VOLCANO Empty Iceland volcano: ten of the best (and worst) jokes.

Post by mickg Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:12 am

It’s a bit early for Iceland volcano jokes. We should wait awhile for the dust to settle.

I see that America has declared war on Iceland. Apparently they are accusing them of harbouring a “weapon of ash eruption”.

It was the last wish of the Icelandic economy that its ashes be spread over Europe.

Iceland goes bankrupt, then it manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it.

Iceland, we wanted your cash, not your ash.

Waiter, there's volcanic ash in my soup. I know, it's a no-fly zone.

Richard Curtis is working on a new rom-com about people stuck in an airport who fall in love. The working title is "Lava Actually".

I came out my house yesterday and was hit on the head by a bag of frozen sausages, a chocolate gateau and some fish fingers. I realised it must be the fallout from Iceland.

Volcano in Iceland. What next Earthquake in Asda?

Woke this morning to find every surface in the house covered in a layer of dust and a foul stench of sulphur in the air. No change, I’ve been married to that bone-idle slob for 20 years.

mick

mickg

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:18 am

Laughing some good ones there!
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:20 pm

The best joke I've heard was Ryanair offering to pay compo for all the passengers they had stranded. After saying yesterday that they weren't going to.
If anyone does get a cheque from Ryanair there must be a huge quandry: whether to cash it and take the money or sell it as a collectors item, given how rare they are.

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Taught2BCautious Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 pm

You could always put it towards the cost of taking a suitcase on your next flight! Laughing

Taught2BCautious

http://www.bisobodega.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:16 am

A new day time TV show where people search their houses for something from Iceland that they could sell at auction. The name of the show will be ... Ash in the Attic.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

VOLCANO Empty Better Life

Post by Ponderosa Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Politicians / Bankers / Judges and Police forget all the money you keep stealing and just make a better life for us all

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue May 04, 2010 7:36 pm

Maybe the safest place tobe is in your cave....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun May 09, 2010 11:07 am

Theyve just said on the news that some Spanish airports have been closed again. Anybody affected?
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cueva ventosa Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Friends of ours were affected yesterday when Ryan Air cancelled all flights to and from Spain luckily we found out before they left for the airport and the have rebooked to go home onn Tuesday so fingers crossed. The email they received from Ryan Air arrived in their inbox at 1.30am makes you wonder how many people didn't check their inbox before leaving the house!

cueva ventosa

Back to top Go down

Post by mame Mon May 10, 2010 11:34 pm

I was due to fly from Murcia Saturday morning and did not even think to check email.Having said that. when I got to Murcia at that point flights were not cancelled and they were checking people in.
They rebooked me for Sunday out of Alicante luckily my sister lives near by. I was quite impressed with ryanair within 15mins of flight being cancelled they were rebooking me.

mame

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Tue May 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Mums flight was cancelled on Saturday and they received the email at 1.30pm and their flight was meant to be 1.05pm!!! so they were already at the airport!!!
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Flying Dutchman Tue May 11, 2010 4:25 pm

javascript:emoticonp('Sad')
The Flying Dutchman
The Flying Dutchman

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Thu May 13, 2010 5:17 pm

I checked website / e-mail before leaving for Stansted on Tuesday - when I got there flight to Malaga was cancelled. An e-mail was sent, at 12.30 when I was already en route. I was offered flights on Saturday, but wanted to get back for our fiesta this weekend so took a flight to Valencia early Wednesday morning, tho travel back to Castillejar was going to be difficult from there. When I checked in online later I saw Ryanair has laid on an extra flight to Malaga Wednesday a.m. but it wouldn´t let me change to it and their phone lines were closed. However....... when I asked at the desk on Wednesday a.m. they were happy to change me and I made it with a few mins to spare! Hurray - cos it meant I could get the bus Malaga to Baza and back for vino and tapas Wednesday evening.
Don´t stay in the Days Hotel near Stansted - no bar! (It was the cheapest option as my days of sleeping on airport floors seem to have gone the same way as a lot of other things). It´s good to be back - a bit chilly but not so cold as the UK just now.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down