The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Looking to move to the Sun

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking to move to the Sun

Post by Cave-Monkey on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:14 am

Hello one and all,

I am looking to find a Cave to hide in for a few years while I slow things down a little.

I do know the area reasonably well but will no doubt ask for a bit more local knowledge once I decide on an area that suits.

There will of course be other questions that come up along the way as well.

That's it for my little introduction I hope to meet some of you at some point and look forward to making new friends.

CM.
Cave-Monkey

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking to move to the Sun

Post by Cave-Monkey on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:51 pm

It looks like the search is over, and it did not take that long.

Have found what appears to tick all the boxes that were asked of it in Fontanar.

Not sure how long the purchase is going to take, but it looks like completion should be towards the end of next month.

It would be good to hear from anybody who is in that area as it's new to me.

CM
Cave-Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Cullis on Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 pm

Took me ages to work out where Fontanar is: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Fontanar,+Ja%C3%A9n,+Spain/@37.6744282,-2.9739931,16z

Some info at https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fontanar_(Ja%C3%A9n) made me realise I had done 'white water' rafting near there on the Guadiana Minor river (where it meets the A-315).  Water is released for irrigation at various times of the year which is when the rafting takes place.

We are about 12km as the crow flies (lot more by road) to the east near Fuente Vera on the eastern edge of the Castril river valley.
Tim Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave-Monkey on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 am

Tim,

Nice to hear from you, yeah, maybe I should have helped people out as to the location, its near to Pozo Alcon.

Interesting you should mention the White Water Rafting as when I was there last week there were signs around for the Aqua Festival later this month, I guess that is when they release water from the reservoir, makes sense n the summer months.

Its going to take me a while to work out the right times to visit with the various Fiestas, Events and Activities that take place in the area.

Looking forward to our visits.

CM.
Cave-Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes