The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking Groups

4 posters

Go down

Walking Groups Empty Walking Groups

Post by Chille Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:46 pm

A bit of a long shot this one, but does anybody know of any local walking groups?

We are based in Cullar but don't mind a bit of a journey for the right experience.

It would just be good to meet other people who know the area a little better than we do.
Chille
Chille

Back to top Go down

Walking Groups Empty Re: Walking Groups

Post by janisntony Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:29 am

Miron will probably guide you on this one as I believe they have experience of such groups.

janisntony

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:33 pm

There's a few walking groups around. I'm in the Huescar group, Club Peñon del Toro, which is a really nice group, does a range of walks usually with a beer stop at the end! There's one in Baza - last time I was in Baza public library there was info about their walk programme. And I believe there is a group in Cullar, possibly called "Ay va". I went on their big organised walk in the spring which raises money for a cancer charity. Maybe ask at the town hall - someone there is likely to know who is to contact. Let me know if you have trouble finding out and I'll make further enquiries. There's some fab hiking in the area!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Chille Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Miron, thanks for that, much appreciated.
We have done lots of walking around various areas already, but to be fair most of the time we just walk out of the cave and do the local walks for half a day or so, but need to get a bit further afield.
You are right the whole area is wonderful for walking, especially in the winter months when it's nice and cool, even found some snow the other year.
It would be nice thought to meet up with others occasionally who know some areas we have not yet found and get that bit of a head start.
We are over again the second week of October, I may give you a bit of a nudge around that time to see if you know of anything going on, hope that's ok.
Chille
Chille

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:43 pm

miron wrote:There's a few walking groups around. I'm in the Huescar group, Club Peñon del Toro,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Chille Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Pete,

Thanks for that,

I did find that site but did not seem to get anywhere useful, it appears to be a blog of what has been done with no programme of upcoming events, or am I missing something in the translation.
Chille
Chille

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:38 pm

Yes, it's just for posting photos etc. of walks that have been done. The actual programme is shared via the members' WhatsApp group. The autumn programme is being finalised at the moment.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down