The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schools

3 posters

Go down

Schools Empty Schools

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:04 am

Hello, we are new to the forum and fingers crossed hoping to complete a move to Andalucia in July, purchasing a property. We have a 13 year old daughter and need some advice on schools. We wish to visit 2 or 3, preferably Benemaurel, Huescar, and maybe one other, any advice in how we go about arranging a visit, and any feedback on these schools in the area and how our daughter will integrate would be much appreciated .
Thanks in advance for your help
Viv and Ian

Back to top Go down

Schools Empty Re: Schools

Post by Mariposa Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

If you search 'Translator' top right, you will see a post I added for a lady called Alina, who lives in Huescar. It might be worth contacting her to see if she could arrange to view some schools in Huescar?

I do have her e-mail address too.

Caroline
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks for that info Caroline, we may contact her if we need to for translation. I do have more questions with regard to Education. Does anyone have any prior knowledge of enroling their children into a spanish state school, what do we need to do and how long is the process, especially if we are looking at her to start in September? Any advice would be useful, it looks a bit of a minefield!!!
Thanks again
Viv

Back to top Go down

Post by eve13271 Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:32 pm

We too are moving in July time, or sooner if possible! and need info on schools for our 11 year old in the Baza area.
eve13271
eve13271

http://bart13271.wix.com/cuevaspalominas

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Not having kids here I only know a bit, which is that there are secondary schools in Huescar and Baza. If you live in the Benamaurel area you would go to Baza. There are buses to and from Baza to fit in with the school day, from Benamaurel and outlying villages. I have heard Spanish people say that the best secondary school in Baza is the bilingual one - sorry can't remember it's name!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi eve12371
If you find out any useful info on schools let us know and we'll do the same for you. Good luck, definitely a big glass of vino needed after this !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum