The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reverse osmosis water system

3 posters

Go down

Reverse osmosis water system Empty Reverse osmosis water system

Post by Lurchio Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi All,

Heres hoping theres a 'tech' that can help!

I have just installed a 'Genius Pro 50' reverse osmosis system (thanks, Morenos!). All installed and running BUT the remote accumulator tank fitted is filling (apparently takes 2 to 4 hours on start up of the system) and whilst its doing this, the 'drain' line is running water into the waste pipe of the house. The pressure gauge on the osmosis unit has a range of 0 to 10 kg/cm squared. Our house pressure (full on) in to the unit can get to 7.5 kg/cm (75pc of the range!) so its not low pressure. In case it was a HIGH pressure problem, I have 'tweaked' the main small water valve resulting in a 4 kg/cm reading, still the drain is running. All the connections are sound and I've purged the system correctly.

Given that 1 kg/cm sq is 14 psi, it can't be low pressure at 7.5 on the units gauge. Annoyingly, the gauge does not have green/amber/red segments so for a start what pressure should it run at? Does the drain operate when the tank is filling anyway?

Thanking you in anticipation.
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Reverse osmosis water system Empty Re: Reverse osmosis water system

Post by Mariposa Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:50 am

http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.yukane.es/tienda-online/osmosis-inversa-etapas-genius-ath-p-713.html&prev=search

I found this and see there are some items under 'more information' at the bottom.  Maybe there is something in the list that will help you?

Caroline
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:03 pm

Lurchio wrote: the remote accumulator tank fitted is filling (apparently takes 2 to 4 hours on start up of the system) and whilst its doing this, the 'drain' line is running water into the waste pipe of the house.
Is this not normal?

I've never used an RO system, though I did investigate the possibility when I first bought my house in Spain.
The thing that put me off was the "research" I did suggested that they waste an enormous amount of water: up to 20 litres goes down the drain for every 1 litre of purified water that goes into the tank. Some are more efficient, but I wasn't keen on the idea after that.
Though it must be said: that this is still cheaper than buying 8l bottled from the supermarket.

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchio Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Much obliged to you both, yep it does seem a 'guzzler', but as you said still costs less. Will let you know how it goes, thanks once more!
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down