The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Habland slow today and yesterday broken fiber optic

+5
Clarky
turner
Ponderosa
GCS
Diamonddog59
9 posters

Go down

Habland slow today and yesterday broken fiber optic Empty Habland slow today and yesterday broken fiber optic

Post by Diamonddog59 Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Habland has been really slow last night and today so I emailed them and here is their reply, which came very quick!

Hope this is a help!

"we have a fiber optic failure in Granada. The enginners are working to fix it in few hours. Meanwhile the internet is serviced with a low capacity backup line which is the reason it is so slow.

Apologies for the inconvience,
Best regards
Alberto!

Diamonddog59

Back to top Go down

Habland slow today and yesterday broken fiber optic Empty Telephone

Post by GCS Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:35 pm

I had trouble with my internet last night, it kept cutting off and today had trouble with the telephone, each call was like talking on a mobile that had no signal

Thanks for letting us all know

GCS

Back to top Go down

Habland slow today and yesterday broken fiber optic Empty Internet

Post by Ponderosa Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Our TV and computer keeps hesitating and stopping when on Filmon internet can you please tell me why?  Sad Surprised
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Habland slow today and yesterday broken fiber optic Empty Re: Habland slow today and yesterday broken fiber optic

Post by turner Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Peter,
We aren't with Habland but have the same problems with Filmon. in fact from talking to others it seems to be a general thing with Filmon at the mo.

turner

Back to top Go down

Habland slow today and yesterday broken fiber optic Empty Re: Habland slow today and yesterday broken fiber optic

Post by Clarky Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:10 pm

I have read that filmon have re configured their servers and at present are not broadcasting UK TV. Apparently this will be addressed soon. I will try to find the link. Shocked

Clarky

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamonddog59 Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:42 pm

I have a 10MB Habland line that works fine on my laptop with HDMI but not my Smart TV during peak viewing times because it lacks buffering space and memory so the Smart TV was a waste of money.

If it is freezing up you can try setting the buffer limit on Flash Player higher by right clicking with your mouse on the player, selecting "settings" and changing the setting to unlimited.

If your playing on an old PC or laptop it could also be that your Hardrive is full up of junk and you need to clear some space or have too many programmes running needlessly from startup. You can check what is running and how much resources it is using by clicking ctr/alt/detete and starting Task Manager.

Another trick is to clear your history and restarting your browser before using Filmon.

Finally if it still is running rubbish you can go use iPlayer via a free Google add on like ZenMate, which you add to your browser and switch on and off in two clicks when you want to watch TV

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zenmate/fdcgdnkidjaadafnichfpabhfomcebme?hl=en

Diamonddog59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Sharp Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Is any body else having problems with download speeds ?I'm on the 5meg package and I'm lucky to get 2.We are in La Alqueria.

Ian Sharp

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Yes me as well.Fine until five thirty now getting around 2mgb !!
Iplayer being greedy means buffering..
Getting a little fed up unfortunately no alternative to habland
In the campo Caniles Baza..

Clarky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Sharp Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:10 pm

A lot better today.It's as if this being monitored.

Ian Sharp

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Watching on demand ch4 no issues at all much better
perhaps you are right? Rolling Eyes

Clarky

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Good job we.re with Movistar..Don,t get these problems now.
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Anyone else lost habland Internet today.
Went off this morning for a few hours then back for a bit now off again.
I'm using 3g and Internet is from the Jabalcon transmitter.

Clarky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchio Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Yep, we are on the Jabalcon transmitter as well. Its been on and off all day.
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Seems to be back on now fingers crossed. .
I have been emailing them hopefully they were too busy repairing
it to reply! !

Clarky

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:47 am

Good to know other people had the same problems. Habland always fixing things hopefully!
ok now
Metaldunk
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:51 am

Yes I find a quick email to them and they usually reply
at some point. I don't have a real problem with it going off
occasionally what I want to know is it my end or theirs so I don't have to keep testing modem etc. . Shame they can't do a blanket text or something similar?

Clarky

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:53 am

that'd be a good idea Clarky - no worries then is there
Metaldunk
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down