The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Septic Tank Cleaning - Limpieza de Fosas Septicas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Septic Tank Cleaning - Limpieza de Fosas Septicas

Post by Mariposa on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:54 pm

I noticied a week or so ago that the waste level in the inspection trap in my garden seemed a little high, so I asked around for a company to clean the tank.

'Limpiezas y Desatascos Dario' was mentioned a few times, so I got the number and phoned them.

Dario answered and in lovely clear, slow and understandable Spanish (he was born here, but educated in Alicante) a quote of 100€ was given and an appointment was made for a week later - today.

He and his mate turned up in their huge lorry, on time and got started on trying to take the lid off the tank.  Not so easy as it had been sunk into the earth a little too far, so he had to dig around the sides to be able to unscrew it.  Dario gave some suggestions on how this could be altered, to make it easier next time.

The lorry did its thing and sucked the tank dry.  They then jet washed (using their own jet washer and onboard water tank) through from the inspection trap in the garden, to the tank.

It was pain free, cost exactly what I was quoted and I was given a receipt.

He recommended having my tank emptied at least every year, but as I can remove the lid of the tank, I can check.

Don't leave it too long, as if the first chamber fills above the entrance pipe, that can block and go hard, as no water can get through - then it is a lot more time and money to sort it.

If you do have problems, he also has a camera which he can use to check your drains.

LIMPIEZAS Y DESATASCOS DARIO - SERVICIO 24H - 620522021

Last edited by Mariposa on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Re: Septic Tank Cleaning - Limpieza de Fosas Septicas

Post by Mariposa on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:45 pm

I had been checking the tank every so often and a few days ago thought it might need a clean out.  I rang Dario - no answer, so I thought maybe he was driving.  A few hours later he rang me back and I asked if he could come over when he was next in the area.  He rang first and then came over today.  

The tank was cleaned out, pipes down to the tank flushed through from the inspection trap, tank refilled with water - cost 100€.  I then put some of the septic tank sachets in, to start the process again.

I have a 3 chamber tank system, but living on my own, don't use enough water to keep it working really efficiently.

Dario can be reached on the number in my previous post.
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes