The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLYING

5 posters

Go down

FLYING  Empty FLYING

Post by turner Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:57 pm

Just heard from friends who flew from Liverpool to Malaga last week , Ryanair had a baggage gauge outside at the plane it was smaller than the one inside and if a bag didn´t fit it cost 35pounds for it to go into the hold or had to be left, no cards accepted either.
Haven´t yet seen anything on Ryanairs website, does anyone else know anything about this?

turner

Back to top Go down

FLYING  Empty Re: FLYING

Post by Dave Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Dont know of anything, but at Alicante they allways have a baggage guage just before you board and check your hand baggage. Last time we flew I had to laugh, there was a woman in front of us that had a suitcase the size of a small finca. When it wouldn't fit in the baggage guage, she protested "im never flying with Ryanair again,they're s**t. Not as good as the time when a two elderly English couples started a fist fight because one couple got through the xray belt before the others. I became a Canadian that day. Why are some English a total embarassment? Any else seen any shocking English behaviour
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Only on this forum Dave - some people on here are VERY naughty indeed Laughing
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by cueva ventosa Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:35 pm

It isn't only Ryanair that is checking the bagage just before you board it is BMI baby and Monarch as well and you have to put anything you have bought at the airport in the one bag as well! It's great fun when everyone then gets on the plane and starts unloading everything they want for the flight - hey ho it passes the time!

cueva ventosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:20 pm

I recently flew with Jet2 out of Manchester and they were excellent - there were lots of passengers with one carry on bag, along with carrier bags of duty free, magazines etc who were allowed to board. I was half a kilo over (allowance of a very generous 22kilos but still not enough!) and was let through.....there you are....me being very naughty Shocked

Last edited by Imagemaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling!)
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by wilma Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 am

Saw some appalling behaviour at gatwick last year on a flight with Ryanair to Alicante. For some reason a long queue had formed at the boarding gate although no staff were there. A large Spanish family were at the front and because we had come off a ten hour flight did not mind standing in line for the half hour. Just as the staff appeared an english couple got up and stood right at the front so obviously I thought they must be speedy boarding. When we all realised they were not a scuffle occured, so embarrassing, they berrated the Spanish at the front claiming it was an english airport etc.... needless to say they were just about last to board and got some large boos as they boarded !!
wilma
wilma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:51 am

Maybe its the brits in Alicante Question Rolling Eyes Laughing
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down