The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Baza

5 posters

Go down

New Baza Empty New Baza

Post by Ponderosa Thu May 30, 2013 3:23 pm

BAZA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

New Baza Empty Re: New Baza

Post by Rosie Thu May 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Peter,
A lovely clip of Susan Erens singing, but have I missed the connection with the heading of your post?
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by invicta Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

I get the same clip. sound of misic. scratch
invicta
invicta

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu May 30, 2013 10:17 pm

I think you've pasted the wrong link Peter Laughing Hurry up, we all want to know what the new Baza is!
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:00 pm

No Dave I have not made an error, it is the first thought I have to bring life into the area. We were sitting on our terrace having a coffee and playing youtube mix good and loud the sun was shining and the music changed to “The Hills are Alive with the sound of Music” it made us feel good laughing as I pointed to the tops of the mountains in front of our place I said to my wife “Is that July Andrews up there?” Right away my thought went (The Sound of Music) it was such a success why not use it to bring life back into this area, but we will need people with initiative/drive and imagination.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

New Baza Empty New Baza

Post by Ponderosa Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Money you will need a lump sum and a good pension it is very cheap living here if you shop around my wife is very good with this to give you an idea she bought 6 tubes of Colgate tooth paste with 33% more in each for €1,4 and every were else it is €2.2 just to mention one thing.

El dinero que se necesita una cantidad a tanto alzado y una buena pensión es de vida muy barato aquí si usted hace compras alrededor de mi esposa es muy buena con esto para que te hagas una idea que compró 6 tubos de pasta de dientes Colgate con un 33% más en cada una de 1, 4 € y cada uno eran de lo contrario es de 2,2 € por mencionar una cosa. cheers
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:18 pm

I know where Peter is coming from as we had a PM conversation and he was asking why there was so much activity in Baza . This was reply . he had mentioned the new sports centre , Mercadona and lidl but had noticed a lot more work going on

Lots of good things happening in Baza Peter and you have only mentioned half of them. There are no new houses being built on our mountain but the Mayor is in the process of creating a 50 plot allotment area for the unemployed to help them grow their own food for their families but also going to be giving them training in agriculture to hopefully help them find jobs in the future.

The Mayor is also doing something he has done in past years and with a Government grant , he gets unemployed people for 3 months to do various projects around the town , thus why things are happening all over the place , there are too many projects to mention but not only is it good for the town it helps underprivileged people have an income for at least 3 months of each year during June/ July / August

You mention the transport not changing , there are still many plans for Baza to have a new Bus station soon on the road to the industrial estate ( El Baico ) and also a mega political fight that the new train line will eventually come through Baza from Granada to Lorca , many people are opposed to the alternative which is Granada to Motril and the Mayor is taking it to the EU and many other places insisting that this area needs the train line for freight and employment purposes .

The Mayor is also going to insist that the owners of the older properties in Baza keep them looking nice and in a safe standard ( just recently there has been a few incidents of bricks etc falling on people ) he is going to get tough that he wants the City safe and looking nice.

So all these and the things you have mentioned should make Baza a lovely and hopefully prosperous place in the future , it all will take time obviously but it is heading in the right direction cheers cheers cheers

To add some of the projects are they are working on the cattle market ( behind the pabellon ) they are making the stalls more suitable for horses with stronger door , water and drainage , which also helps the dog pound, making improvements to the Alcabazar to improve tourism, they are tarmacking the road off the roundabout as you enter the top road in Baza and replanting and many other improvements . It happens every year.
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down