The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turning Off Electricity in Protest

5 posters

Go down

Turning Off Electricity in Protest Empty Turning Off Electricity in Protest

Post by pebbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:30 am

Copied this message from a friend
I didn't see the program, but I am well aware of the topic. Domestic electricity prices in Spain are the fifth highest per Kilowatt in Europe. Behind Denmark, Germany, Cyprus and Belgium. We paid 0.209 euros per kwt in 2011 compared to 0.158 per kwt in the UK. How the f*ck can this be possible in a country with solar panels in every empty field and 20m windmills on every mountain. Everybody in Spain switch everything off for these two hours tomorrow. The electricity companys are almost as bad as the government and your local council in their thievery!!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by pebbles on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Turning Off Electricity in Protest Empty Re: Turning Off Electricity in Protest

Post by Gobiker56 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:43 am

I don't get it, Am I mistaken but my bill says 0.148 per KWh. Less my Bono Social, for those who don't know it's a reduction for pensionistas and people on a very low potentia. If you are not getting it and you are a pensioner or on benefit, or on 2,2Kw potentia. (Was 14.00 Euros off a 67.00 Euro bill last time). Apply now - on-line. So not too bad for me.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:31 am

Oh that is handy to know Gordon - Will tell Mum about that

K x
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Theres so many ideas for these type of protests in the UK, but they never materialise. Just like the fuel protests that were planned. Not buying Esso or not buying fuel on a Monday etc. The Brits just wont do it, theres loads of talk but when it comes to it.......nothing. Maybe another nation? but I bet not.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:09 pm

You are right on the button there Dave.There are several things stopping 'peaceful' demonstrations against the government, 1) Demo hijacked by hooligans or undercover Police dressed as protesters provoking and actively participating in hooliganism (See You tube if you don't believe me). 2) Demo stamped on hard by baton wielding, menacingly dressed in black, Police 3) People 'just can't be arsed'. 4) Mis - information, i.e The ambulances/fire brigade won't be able to get through. and 5) last but certainly not least, 'I am not affected much so I won't join in'
At what point will people realise the trouble we are all heading for? We are all subjugated in so many ways, spied upon by street cameras, Phone and internet messages intercepted, movement in and out of the country recorded. Taxes hidden and otherwise going up and up. Small erosions of civil liberties gradually whittled away. I would not be in the least suprised to find 'they' had copies of everyones Computer hard drive. We certainly have the technology to do that, you have no idea what is happening as your computer whirrs away whilst connected to the internet. That's this weeks sixpence worth off me!
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Gobiker56 wrote: I would not be in the least suprised to find 'they' had copies of everyones Computer hard drive. We certainly have the technology to do that, you have no idea what is happening as your computer whirrs away whilst connected to the internet.

Theres no need, so many people give out all their life history and more without thinking. believe me, there is so much information whirling aroung the net, that is going to bite several people in the a**e later on. What they think is irrelevant now may well not be in the short term or long term. Hence why I dont agree with the 'policies' of several 'social networking' sites. Evil or Very Mad
Just look on the net about tagging photos and face recognition on FB, and then tell me what you think. cyclops
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:48 pm

I understand that most large and medium sized companies now 'check' applicants for appearance on social networking sites. Gleaning information before offering Interview. This also applies to some employees too, many companies are now springing up to get 'information' on employees from social networking sites to 'assist' in their subsequent promotion/dismissal. No suprise there.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Gobiker56 do you have to go to your electricity supplyer for your Bono social ? to get reduction on your electricty if so what do you have to take with you ? to see that you are a pensionista ! maybe a gold card from the goverment or the green card maybe ? thank you
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:00 pm

We can remember the last power switch a couple of years ago and was a total waste of time because these big companies dont give a damn at fragmented protest..If the whole of Spain was to switch off the power with the exception of the hospital service etc etc then people power would have a great result...Dave wrote a good few words and the citizens of the UK never appear to be up for the challenge...With christmas just around the corner governments and the company dictators know the weakness of the family man and ride rough shod with the mighty pen....We must take our hats off to the Greek people who appear on paper to have got a better deal if you can call it a deal and stood ground against the German chancellor..Rajoy the Spanish PP leader is hell bent on selling his soul to the devil,including yours without your consent...keep an eye out in the New year as it could be make or break for Spain..
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:21 am

Here is the Endesa site for you to register very handy as you can put your meter reading in and see your bill BEFORE they take the money out of your bank.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you fill in all the details then pick a user name and password you will get to the section on BONO SOCIAL. Where people go wrong here is with the password it MUST contain numbers, Upper and lower case letters and be fairly long or it will not be accepted. They will require copies of everything, NIE, Padron and most importantly the document from DWP saying how much you got last year as they need to know your annual income. That is as much as I know about it. I got mine automatically years ago.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Thank you Gobiker56 we are not on Endesa we are on CHC I have been on the website and they dont do the Bono social so thats that! but thankyou for your reply . Very Happy
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down